Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought An Is-F!

Unfortunately I cant collect until next thursday, cant wait to pick her up!

Ive been looking for some time, and finally found what I was looking for, which was mainly one with an LSD, still in lexus warranty.

Looking forward to it after coming from Honda Integra Type R's, several high powered RWD Jap cars, BMW M cars to this..

The Lexus Reliability is what pushed me towards the IS-F, particularly as it seems the later ones with the LSD are more of a match for the M3 driving experience.

2011, Slate Grey IS-F, Near Flawless condition, 22k miles or so, chuffed to bits!

• Like 1

Im sure youll love it..... Ive had mine two months now and still love just turning it on let alone the the second to third shift on full throttle ! And back down the blip too.....just awsome!

I had the same reasoning and opted for a diff model with 16k on it....the dealer threw in the extended warranty to 3yrs and bacs him without seeing it ! No regrets so far and sure you wont either! Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 4 weeks later...

Well ive had the car for a while now, pretty pleased with it!

A few suprises, some good some bad..

A) traction control/stability control is nowhere near as limiting as the bmw m system.. with the bmw's you could literally plant the throttle to the floor and it would just cut power if it detected any slip, the isf I had a bit of a 'moment' on the way back from collecting it, I guess I was expecting a lexus to be less entertaining with tc on!

B) whilst it has a good spec, its missing a few features that were suprising.. ice indicator for one thou some on here say theirs has it? - mine doesnt seem to!

It seems strange not to have tp monitoring also.

Front parking sensors arnt up to much.

The car goes well! Faster than my e39 m5 when in manual mode.. in auto even in sport it seems to change up too early.. I guess thats the nature of auto thou.. very pleased with the manual mode.

Brakes are extremely good.

Likes to rev, thou low down torque not as punchy as the m5 imo

Sounds awesome

Suprising amount of people have commented on the car and knew what it is.

Steering is very light.. jumping back into.the m5 even in non sport mode the bmws steering is noticeably heavier

Just need to resist the temptation of an exhaust, wheels and lowering

Well ive had the car for a while now, pretty pleased with it!

A few suprises, some good some bad..

A) traction control/stability control is nowhere near as limiting as the bmw m system.. with the bmw's you could literally plant the throttle to the floor and it would just cut power if it detected any slip, the isf I had a bit of a 'moment' on the way back from collecting it, I guess I was expecting a lexus to be less entertaining with tc on!

B) whilst it has a good spec, its missing a few features that were suprising.. ice indicator for one thou some on here say theirs has it? - mine doesnt seem to!

It seems strange not to have tp monitoring also.

Front parking sensors arnt up to much.

The car goes well! Faster than my e39 m5 when in manual mode.. in auto even in sport it seems to change up too early.. I guess thats the nature of auto thou.. very pleased with the manual mode.

Brakes are extremely good.

Likes to rev, thou low down torque not as punchy as the m5 imo

Sounds awesome

Suprising amount of people have commented on the car and knew what it is.

Steering is very light.. jumping back into.the m5 even in non sport mode the bmws steering is noticeably heavier

Just need to resist the temptation of an exhaust, wheels and lowering

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

Need some photos! ;)

Resistance is futile! Lol. Just get on and mod it already!! :)

Nice little update their mate. I believe the temp flashes when it goes below x degrees. Not sure what x degrees is though. Agree re tpms. I think less electronic interference in sports mode is good personally.

I like the wheels but some one the American csrs look lovely! Exhaust was a must for me. As I have said many times they are truly amazing cars from every perspective.

Do you prefer It over your m cars or do you just find it to be different?

Stu

Had a bit more of a play today, notice that in sport mode it slackens off the vsc and tc, and I agree thats great.. the m cars have either full safety blanket or nothing.. an inbetweens definitely good.

Its different compared to the m cars.. real cruiser unless you are on it, whereas the m5 always seems to be egging you on..

The gearbox on the isf impresses me more and more.. on full bore the shifts are awesome. .

Brakes are better on the isf for sure.. best brakes on any car ive had so far.

If I could change anything, it would be nice to have the steering feel of the m5..

Exhaust im worried about losing the cruising sensibly ability, got my eye on the ppe dual mode exhaust...

Had a bit more of a play today, notice that in sport mode it slackens off the vsc and tc, and I agree thats great.. the m cars have either full safety blanket or nothing.. an inbetweens definitely good.

Its different compared to the m cars.. real cruiser unless you are on it, whereas the m5 always seems to be egging you on..

The gearbox on the isf impresses me more and more.. on full bore the shifts are awesome. .

Brakes are better on the isf for sure.. best brakes on any car ive had so far.

If I could change anything, it would be nice to have the steering feel of the m5..

Exhaust im worried about losing the cruising sensibly ability, got my eye on the ppe dual mode exhaust...

I'll see if mine does at some point.

I know what you mean. Specified mine to be grungy on idle and under load but not so on cruining. Love it! Sounds how a v8 should.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links