Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaking

corleone

Lexus ES300 '92 - 74,000 miles.

In last couple of days I found couple of drops in garage. I tasted and is kind of sweet - bitter, definetly not oil taste.

I know that something somewhere is leaking but don't know what and where.

Also, white smoke is comming out from the mafler for the couple of seconds when I start the car.

Thank You.

The sweet tasting stuff is most likely to be anti freeze/ water from the radiator. You may have a small leak so check the level.

Have you topped up the screen wash? it could be that?

The white smoke is more than likely just condensation.

Could be the air-con?

I dont think it will be pete, as the aircon is charged with a gas and this would evaporate fairly quickly, unless you are talking about the water that has formed on the air con evaporator coils and then is passed out through the car, causing a puddle underneath which panics quite a lot of people.

Lexus ES300 '92 - 74,000 miles.

In last couple of days I found couple of drops in garage. I tasted and is kind of sweet - bitter, definetly not oil taste.

I know that something somewhere is leaking but don't know what and where.

Also, white smoke is comming out from the mafler for the couple of seconds when I start the car.

Thank You.

dont taste it !!

you dont know what harm it could do to you

might have even been a cat :crying:

Ok, I went to replace oil and filter and ask them to check for leaks, this is what I get:

74925 JAD3183/CA4127 Performed 31 PT Inspection recommend tranny flush, wiper inserts, front and rear struts recommend fuel filter, injector flush, top engine decarb, throttle body service-if not done in last 15K miles power steering leak-bad, valve cover leak, tranny pan gasket leak, and maybe more but engine needs cleaning to better diagnose leaks BK80, RBK60, FRONT T7, LR T4, RR T3.

Monday I will call to schedule service, just to let you know guys what was wrong.

Thank You.

p.s. Doesn't sound good, but shoud be covered with extended waranty that I purchase.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links