Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Alignment

Is it possible to calibrate the alignment?

My headlights seem very high and I am constantly getting other drivers flashing me cos they are blinded!

I am not getting any error or failure messages.

Any ideas ???!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Is it the dipped or main beams?

They are quite easy to adjust using the 8mm hex bolts on the back . The offside one needs to have the engine cover removed to access it. A few turns should do the trick. If it's the dipped beams then check they drop down after the initial "dance". Sometimes they don't even when the AFS light is out. Not sure why but restarting the engine usually works.

The issue is on dipped beam, they seem that high that they light up the inside of any cars approaching or in front and I am constantly been flashed. I can see the hex screws you mean but I don't know how much to turn to adjust correctly. I am also concerned as to how they have gone out of line so much when they should auto level. Could I have a dodgy sensor somewhere???

Is the AFS light flashing after you start the engine? Otherwise try restarting the engine a couple of times and see if they drop down after the start up dance. Mine has just started to be a bit hit and miss on this, sometimes the AFS light flashes and the they always settle too high, sometimes the light is off but they still settle too high. So far restarting once or twice will fix it. So far no diagnosis made. No error codes show up on the diagnostic reader ( either my little one or our garages big one). Suspect it is a control unit problem as if it was the sensor on the rear suspension it should not be intermittent as its only a resistor wth a wiper arm. Going to a "helpful" Toyata garage tomorrow to see if they have any ideas. I suspect Lexus will say it's the Central computer and it needs replacing (£xxxx!)

No AFS or any other warnings showing, I have tried restarting many times but they always settle at the same high position, had prob for about 3 wks now. I am not comfy with manually adjusting as I don't know why it happened. If you speak to your Toyota dealer I would be interested as to what they say. Fortunately I am on a Lexus warranty but it is just a pain getting time to visit dealer, I was hoping there was a simple reset procedure.

• 1 month later...

My problem now seems to have resolved itself. I saw on another post a suggestion from Colin Barber that moisture inside the headlamp might cause the problem so maybe it was that although I didn't notice any sign of this in the HID dipped module. Very odd.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it has started again. The same as before. Lights do their "dance and turn" OK but don't then drop down as far as they shoudl so the dipped beam stay much too high and dazzles oncoming traffic. No AFS warning light comes on either fixed or flashing.

I am going to get the rear levelling sensor taken off and cleaned to see if that will fix it. No one seems to know what causes this problems.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links