Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Baby It's Cold Outside..

So, this is my first proper winter in the F and have to keep reminding myself that having that much power to the back wheels can be fun and scary at the same time. Had a few wobbles over the last couple of days whilst going a bit fast around roundabouts but the car kept itself from getting into too much grief.

I did notice tonight for the first time that the temperature display was flashing which was a new one to me but after Googling it, found out that it acts as a warning to tell the driver that it's nearly at freezing point out there and to be careful on the icy roads. Never noticed this before on my old IS but at least it isn't an annoying chime or beep.

Also had a strange issue a couple of days ago where the car wouldn't start from the switch at first but after letting go and trying again it started and has been fine since. The Battery level was above the midpoint so seeing as my 30k service is soon I may get them to have a look at that when it goes in. How long should an ISF's Battery last? Mine will be 4 years in a couple of months and that shouldn't need changing should it?

Can't help re flashing temp but my Battery was changed last year on a 08. No idea if it was done prior to me buying the car though.

Definitely had more wheel spin lately than ever before and reminds me to exercise more caution!

Stu

• Like 1

I have to admit I've not noticed my temp display flash at all. Mind you, I was glad I had winter tyres on when i was coming south on boxing day during the snow..... That was fun.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links