Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On Buying 2Nd Hand Ct200H

Lorraine20

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a second-hand CT200H and wondered if anyone had any advice as to model or year or essential extras or any problems to look out for?

Also, can anyone recommend Lexus Twickenham? They are my closest dealer.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Kind regards,

L

:-)

Well a lot of it will come down to preference and how much money you want to spend. I would recommend the slightly later models with the added pad on the drivers side next to the cup holders - I think they arrived 2013 onward - as I imagine it can be quite uncomfortable. The premium navigation also gets you nice things like a decent display, reversing camera, sound upgrade and, of course, navigation.

Mechanically I don't think there are too many issues or differences across the pre-facelift models..

your budget will determine what you buy but try and get the most for your money,you may like the extra's of the premier but can only afford a pre face lift or you would like to buy a facelift model but lower spec ,your car is very personal and only you know what you like and want.

make a list of what is important to you and see what models meet your needs.

Hi Jon. No common problems with the CT so your choice is just down to your budget and the spec you want.

I've not used Twickenham personally but heard good things about them. However I'd recommend that you use the used car section on the lexus.co.uk website and open your distance out a little bit on the search - be prepared to travel a little way to get what you want rather than just settle for what your closest dealer has in stock.

Check out the paint under the trailing edge of each door - despite being careful both of mine have been scrapped they drag especially on adverse camber when full opened fully - I've retouched mine but they could be rust spots - other than that no issues here.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I personally drive a 2011 SE-L and had a 2014 model whilst mine was in for some work. I prefer my 2011 model as the 2014 had sat Nav with controller being very awkward to use. I just use Garmin with free updates for life: you don't get that with the built in system!

Mechanically they are all identical. Mine has leather/heated seats, Front & rear parking sensors & have retro-fitted cruise control. The car serves a purpose for me.

I did travel to Cambridge to buy which is 160 mile round trip for me. It is worth expanding your search area. There are some nice examples around at around £12k.

Go for 16" wheels on earlier models though as ride is "Firm" on 17".

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links