Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All. Just Bought A Rx450H - My First Lexus

kingy68

Hi all. After much deliberation over the last couple of months I've just (yesterday) bought a RX450h from my local dealer. I won't have it for a week or two as I've a part ex to sort with them, number plate swap etc. but deposit is paid and car will soon be mine.

I've already been looking through the forums, but thought I'd pop in here to say hello. :flowers:

Thanks for the replies. Very nice of you. :zee:

I'm off to the dealer later this morning to start the paperwork (transfer of private plate). I'm waiting until that is done before collecting the car so it will probably be a couple of weeks. Have a feeling it will feel much longer than that! :D

Congratulations on your new car! Great choice. I'd love one for the Mrs but they are a bit out of our league. Enjoy it!

Cheers Jonathan. It will be a family bus so my missus will be driving it but she's not too keen on that as she thinks its too big. Hopefully the sensors/reversing camera and big mirrors will make it easier than she anticipates. She is used to her little 2 door convertible so the RX will seem like a monster truck! :D

• 2 months later...

Hi

I have just bought my first Lexus having run my old Merc E230 for the last 14 years - sadly she had to go as like a lot of old ladies the body was failing but her heart was strong!

Enter pre-used 2010 RX450h! I have had her now for 2 weeks and love everything about her........... except - is it normal to roll backwards when on an incline (waiting in traffic)? My Merc didn't do this so I was a tad spooked when the Lexus did........ any advice before I take her back to the dealership tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!

Also the radio is pretty dismal when driving past buildings, hedges, trees etc. Again, is this par for the course and we should all be listening to our iPhones?

Thanks

Hi

I have just bought my first Lexus having run my old Merc E230 for the last 14 years - sadly she had to go as like a lot of old ladies the body was failing but her heart was strong!

Enter pre-used 2010 RX450h! I have had her now for 2 weeks and love everything about her........... except - is it normal to roll backwards when on an incline (waiting in traffic)? My Merc didn't do this so I was a tad spooked when the Lexus did........ any advice before I take her back to the dealership tomorrow would be greatly appreciated!

Also the radio is pretty dismal when driving past buildings, hedges, trees etc. Again, is this par for the course and we should all be listening to our iPhones?

Thanks

Yes its normal. Press the brake all the way down to the floor for a few seconds - it engages hill start assist which will stop roll back

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links