Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Satnav Firmware Versions?

Hello.

My 2008 RX400h (purchased by me towards the end of 2014) still had the original satnav dvd, so figured it was time for an update.

So I recently went shopping and changed my 2007/08 (E07) satnav dvd for a 2013/14 one (E1A).

In the menu it shows me the map data version as 13/14 which is good, however i'm not sure how to tell if the firmware/software has updated itself also, or if I need to pull a fuse or something else to encourage that to take place?

I didn't notice any kind of 'please wait...updating' message on the screen at the time, although I was probably busy putting the boot back together (well, putting the dvd access panel back into the tool tray, and putting my boot liner/tray back in etc) so it may have done it when I wasn't looking.

The menus and everything looks identical - no new menu options (or ones disappeared) so very much a 'meh' update so far.

Should there be any new functionality?

I know prior to the update the touchscreen pattern to access the service menu didn't work - just beeped at the end of the sequence. I think this is something that was locked down around 2007 on the RX. Not expecting the new satnav dvd to return access to that, but would be nice if there was /some/ difference...or an easy way to see which firmware/software version is loaded at least...??

Oh and the maps themselves are definitely different/updated, however still don't have my mates house - his house was built 3 years ago (!)...but I know it is normal for satnav maps to be a bit behind so not too surprised by this. (obviously not a problem as I already know where my mate lives - just sharing that info to give people an idea what to expect if/when they update theirs).

Cheers

The updated navigation disk will not change your firmware - it stays the same albeit with potential minor differences - it is only the map navigation data that is updated to the latest version.

I too initially was expecting it to update the UI etc. to something better looking, but it wasn't the case :)

The updated navigation disk will not change your firmware - it stays the same albeit with potential minor differences - it is only the map navigation data that is updated to the latest version.

I too initially was expecting it to update the UI etc. to something better looking, but it wasn't the case :)

Any new disc will update the firmware if you are running something older. For example the discs from around 2009/2010 will allow destination entry whilst the vehicle is in motion, and you should see an update message on the screen when you first put a new disc in.

The firmware updates are minor however. Don't expect a UI change - those only occur when the Sat Nav hardware generation is changed with new vehicles.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, a quick follow-up on this one...

Having done some trips 'with passenger' I can now confirm that my satnav does now allow nav destination changes while moving - something they was greyed out prior to the change of satnav disc.

One other thing which i'm fairly sure it didn't used to do with the 07/08 disc, it now automatically switches the satnav screen to night mode when it gets dark, which is something I wasn't expecting the new disc to change (but is a welcome feature).

So...essentially it looks like a firmware/software update did take place at some point - just too quick for me to notice!

Thank you all for your advice on this one.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links