Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Almost In Touching Distance

Dealer phoned me yesterday with my new registration, I had requested it as I need to book some airport parking in April and I don't want to pay extra to be able to change the booking.

I questioned that I assumed that my car was there as it was due in the 2nd to 3rd week of January..............to which the answer was "No, its not arrived yet"

Here we go again...............................

Got a call a little later to say the car was confirmed to be delivered to the dealer on Wednesday 25th Feb and it will be turned round and delivered to my work on Monday 2nd March.

They have also confirmed that it will be coming in a covered transport lorry this time.

Maybe this one stands a chance of being on time and undamaged !!!!????!!!

Fingers crossed.

I hope it turns up as promised. Lexus dealers are alleged to be the best but so far mine have not been very good apart from taking the money they were very efficient at that!

Post some pictures up when you can. I have a Mesa Red F-Sport and two weeks in am loving it more & more. Great car and am glad I didnt go for the XF.

What colour & options did you go for?

Ed :flowers:

You must be excited!!

Ours is due on the 24th of Feb at the dealer, not going to expect it to be on time though....Not been a great start to 2015 for us with one thing after another coming up. But the arrival of brand new IS will definitely help to lift the mood of the year so far :D

Hi Ed.

Mine is an F-Sport in F-Sport White.........all standard apart from Sat Nav ( the basic one without the camera ). Its a Company car so I keep an eye on P11D value and BIK %. The standard nav is more than enough for me on the odd occasion I will use it, and I only added it as it made the lease cheaper than the car without nav, presumably because of its future value. I was tempted by a 4 series Beemer or a new C Class, but I wanted something different from the crowd, and a 48 hour test drive confirmed my choice.

Hi Gang.

I feel your pain, 2015 had been a bit pants work wise so far, so the new motor is required to put a smile on my face. Just hope it arrives when it is supposed to !!

• 2 weeks later...

Am expecting a phone call to say it is in stock on Wednesday, and the nice fleet lady has said that if it is it will be with my Company on Monday 2nd March.

They have also arranged delivery this time in an enclosed lorry so it should get to me pristine and in one piece this time !!

Just one more week to wait, seems and awfully long time since June when I ordered the first time.

• Like 1

Am expecting a phone call to say it is in stock on Wednesday, and the nice fleet lady has said that if it is it will be with my Company on Monday 2nd March.

They have also arranged delivery this time in an enclosed lorry so it should get to me pristine and in one piece this time !!

Just one more week to wait, seems and awfully long time since June when I ordered the first time.

You must be excited :)

Our car is supposed to be at dealers 24th (in 2 days), contacted the dealer last week, but no one has got back to me :(

I'll wait till the 24th before contacting them again, but I would have thought communication would be better given that the car has list price of over £40K...

When I re-ordered after the whole "damaged delivery" debacle, they quoted me 2nd to 3rd week of Jan for delivery and now they are saying due in on 25th Feb.

Guess the sea must be choppy or something ??!!??

Well, I have been promised a call when mine arrives.

Supposed to be in stock today, but no call so guess it hasn't made it to the dealers on time and I assume that means delivery on Monday is unlikely :crybaby:

Well, I have been promised a call when mine arrives.

Supposed to be in stock today, but no call so guess it hasn't made it to the dealers on time and I assume that means delivery on Monday is unlikely :crybaby:

Even if it comes in on Sunday, they'll have it ready for Monday - Only takes a day to do the PDI.

Not with my luck mate !!

Also, trying to judge driving a thirsty petrol car around on fumes !!

I laugh when people mention the IS consumption is not up to claims, I dunno what my A5 is supposed to do but it is averaging about 27-28 at the moment, and that's with the optimistic Audi fuel computer in the car so probably more like 24-25.

Not with my luck mate !!

I laugh when people mention the IS consumption is not up to claims, I dunno what my A5 is supposed to do but it is averaging about 27-28 at the moment, and that's with the optimistic Audi fuel computer in the car so probably more like 24-25.

Let us know what's going on. Which dealer is the car being supplied by?

Not with my luck mate !!

Have you given the dealer a call?

After I got not response from several emails/phone calls I eventually got hold of the person dealing with the car, and they called me back with-in about 1 hr been forwarded my previous (increasingly annoyed) emails about updates on the car.

All the paper work is done, and we are due to collect this Sunday 1st of March, they are opening early to fit us in at short notice...Cannot wait :)

I know what you mean by consumption, having been use to driving the Civic for the last 18 months (50mpg+), last two days been using the BMW as a run-around...managed to get through 1/4 tank of fuel (£15-20 worth) in about 30 miles of city commuting, cannot imagine it was returning much more than 15mpg....Cannot wait for the Lexus to arrive, so that I can retire the BMW back its default role in the household...been parked on the drive looking shiny whilst leaking various fluids for no reason (Currently it's leaking coolant, getting a new radiator fitted next weekend :msn-oh: ).

Email today from the dealer - Fish Bros Swindon.......................

Hi Dave

I'm not happy as the date for delivery to me here is now saying 3rd March this morning when I checked !!

I'm just looking into it now, as I'm emailing you I'm on the phone to the depot as your car is sat ready to go onto a transporter ??

Ring you ASAP

Em

That was 09:27 this morning, heard nothing yet !!!!

Mine is "supposed" to be at the dealers on Tuesday 3rd and should be with me Wednesday or Thursday

Apparently it has been at the port for 2.5 weeks, and it hasn't been transportered to the dealer due to a backlog

Gotta say, I'm kinda losing the will for this new car, and the whole experience has left me wondering if I have made the right decision !!

Mine is "supposed" to be at the dealers on Tuesday 3rd and should be with me Wednesday or Thursday

Apparently it has been at the port for 2.5 weeks, and it hasn't been transportered to the dealer due to a backlog

Gotta say, I'm kinda losing the will for this new car, and the whole experience has left me wondering if I have made the right decision !!

Bare with it, its worth it :flowers:

Well.........................a call from the dealer today to say that the car turned up early at 16:00 today when it wasn't due till tomorrow. It is booked in for PDI and valet tomorrow and will be delivered to my work on Wednesday. Being driven up in a covered lorry personally by the boss of the transport company who damaged the last one.

I just asked whether the shark fin aerial was a new addition for 2015 as I don't recall the demo car or damaged car having one, but apparently there is one on my new car ?

I have been cheeky and asked for Lexus goodies to be left in the boot - we will see !!

On another note, my sister-in-law was going to collect her new 15 plate Evoque today that has been on order for 7 months. The Land Rover dealer rand he 60 minutes before she was due to collect it to inform her that the wrong spec had been delivered !!

What is wrong with the spec.......................the car is 2 wheel drive and it should be 4. Not much of a ***** up then !!!!!!!!

Nope, dealer has just emailed to say mine hasn't got the aerial. Not really bothered, maybe just a premier thing ?

Or maybe mine is old stock LOL

In another forum post they said the aerial was only for Premium Nav equipped models...

On a slightly unrelated note a colleague had a call from his BMW dealer saying his car was on the boat on its way... and then asked him "did you order heated seats?"

He did, the one on the boat didn't...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links