Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie Help

kevinjwiles

Morning All,

So I am looking for some advice to be honest. I currently have a 120d M Sport 1 Series BMW, now I have been looking for a new car for some time.

I did the usual and looked at a 3 series but couldn't find any decent ones which haven't been ruined.

I was wondering if the Lexus would be a good step up? I don't really have any knowledge of them at all so have no Idea on the models etc so was looking for some advice.

I have a £5000/£6000 budget and was wondering what models there are sport wise and diesel?

Not much choice as far as a diesel for Lexus. They only made the IS220/200d for a short time and plenty in your price range. If I was spending that money I would look at IS250 or GS300

Yes. Lexus famous for Petrol, hybrids, luxury, refinement, reliability, exclusivity & customer service. If it's a diesel sports your after Lexus do not make any cars suitable. It's just not their market.

• 1 month later...

To expand on what Steve has said, yes, a performance diesel isn't Lexus' market. Lexus tried the diesel from 2005-12 with the 220d and then with the 200d from 2010-12. Lexus has been successfully petrol for so many years and they have stopped all diesel cars altogether and focused on hybrids instead as that is where the the market is heading, I suppose, and/or due to some reliability issues with the diesel.

Personally I own a 220d, love it and had it about a year with no issues but I have read some horror stories. Get a good one and you're fine, get a bad one and, well... Lexus aren't know for cheap spares. No warranty = no money!

Lexus' are generally bombproof and outstanding cars. Even though the diesel range has a bad reputation in terms of Lexus' high standard of reliability, it's still better than the usual road fodder.

In answer to your question; your budget will get you a 220d or a 200d, depending on trim level and milage. There was even a IS220/200-F range if you ant some performance. Not sure if that's in your budget through. Could just pimp a standard model like I have for a fraction of the cost. But as Steve said; if you want a Lexus, petrol is what they excel at and it certainly won't disappoint. Don't expect amazing mpg, but refinement, reliability, exclusivity - yes, yes and yes. Any hybrid will be out of budget for you at the moment, but personally, I wouldn't bother.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links