Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retracting Tonneau / Cargo Cover For Rx400H

Hi, I'm looking for some help. I've had my old 2005 RX400H for about 8 years and I know it's old but it still drives like a dream.

It's too good to change. When I first bought it the sliding cargo cover was missing and recently I decided to source one. The list price from Lexus was around £720.00 so a cheaper alternative was secondhand and I managed to get one from the States at a reasonable £160.00 sent. It seems to be in great condition.

However this is the rub.

I slid it into position and pulled it out in the side grooves, but it won't retract back into the housing. My big problem is that the whole thing is stuck in position and won't release from the car. No matter what I seem to do with the two sliding buttons on each end, it won't let go. It's a real pain.

Has anyone any ideas? I'm getting a bit desperate.

Many thanks. Energyman.

Hi energyman,

The catches holding it in (near the rear seats) should be able to be pushed in using a flat blade screwdriver, this should allow you to free one end at a time. I suggest going in with the screwdriver horizontal underneath the catch, then pivoting it up 90 degrees so the handle is pointing at the roof and slides the catch in as you turn it... (Hope that makes sense)...

As to how you can fix it once you've got it out, I'm not sure tho!

Good luck,

Chris.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links