Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Standard Rear Silencers Wanted

Hi Mark. :)

I'll have my set off the car soon? Will be booking myself in for the H&S system in the next few weeks hopefully.

Happy to ask them to keep them if you want?

Not sure if any of the guys already running the H&S kept their stock systems?!

Hi Pete,

Thanks bud.

If you could ask them that would be great. If I can make it work it would replicate the system I had on my RS4.

In other words, not waking the neighborhood should you leave home early/get back late.

Thing is, I don't really want to start chopping my system as it would take the car off the road for too long, and we cant have that...can we;)

Will do Mark. :)

Car is getting dropped off on Saturday 18th April.

Should be ready to collect the following Saturday (25th).

I'll ask them to put the mufflers in the boot for me.

I am not as worried about my neighbours! Lol.

Going with 2nd de-cat and resonator delete! ;)

Will be the first one H&S have done.

Should be interesting to see how it sounds compared to say Stu's car. :)

Indeed it will! Sadly they kept my back boxes or I would have offered.

Finally booked in then Pete. Sadly after the Cambridge meet :(

Be good to hear it and take a clip so others can hear any difference and so make an informed decision. Ideally we want one stock, one like mine and yours.

Stu

Yes indeedy! Finally got it booked in Stu. :)

Sadly H&S had nothing available till the week after the Cambridge meet. :(

I'm thinking of getting another dyno run done afterwards. See how the lighter wheels and new exhaust compare to my last runs. ;)

We can always do a Bluewater meet in say May?

Looking forward to hearing how it sounds. :)

Indeed it will! Sadly they kept my back boxes or I would have offered.

Finally booked in then Pete. Sadly after the Cambridge meet :(

Be good to hear it and take a clip so others can hear any difference and so make an informed decision. Ideally we want one stock, one like mine and yours.

Stu

I think it might have been yr old ones I saw on eBay Stu. I was going to buy them but they got sold:(

They were a company in Essex that had just fitted a performance system?

Sounds like Hayward & Scott?

With the mufflers, can they just cut them off for what you need Mark?

Wasn't sure if you need the pipework as well??

Ok Mark. :)

Will see what they can do mate.

My quote was a bit lower because I told them I wouldn't need to keep my OEM system.

Apparently the fake tip area is a royal PITA to remove, but maybe the rear section is a bit easier?

I'll ask them when I drop the car off chap. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Crikey! :(

How do you plan on getting that home Mark?!

I can probably get Hayward & Scott to remove it for me, but I don't intend on trying to fit that in the boot! Lol.

You are welcome to arrange collection from their premises in Basildon?

I'll confirm once I hear back from them.

Cheers.

Peter :)

• Like 1

It is a bit of a beast Peter,lol.

I plan on throwing it in the back of my company car so if you could ask them to hang onto it, ill pick it up from Basildon.

Thanks bud.

M :)

• 1 month later...

No worries Mark. :)

Think he mentioned there were three of them already at the workshop! Lol.

I'll make sure he puts mine aside for you as well chap. :)

Cheers.

Pete

Hey Pete, Picked up your old pipes yesterday. Thanks for arranging that:) Now the hard work starts,lol

Yes I did thanks Pete although im only going to work with the rear silencers for now.

One of the silencers is now done :) You wouldn't believe whats going on inside them and how much they must be restricting the gas flow.

Going to start work on the other one this weekend so all being well ill have it on the car for testing in the next week or so :)

Sounds good Mark. :)

I may need to get my secondary cat's back mate. Will largely depend on whether the car will still pass the sniff test for the MOT! ;)

I'll ask my tester (also my bodyshop guys) to probe it next week when they are painting the bonnet for me.

Hopefully it'll be fine without them, but just in case I thought I'd mention it now! :)

Look forward to seeing how you get on with the silencers chap. :)

Cheers.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry OP kind of off topic but Pete, I have been waiting for a video of your new exhaust. I have seen (and heard) Stu's which sounds superb but if I'm not mistaken you have decatted as well which Stu didn't?

PS I have plastidipped my rear badges (didn't bother with the wing ones) and it's not come out too bad for my first attempt. I'll try and get a pic when I can.

I know guys. Slack on my part! ;)

Been up to my armpits in paint recently! Lol.

Got some re-modelling going on at our house.

Did manage to get the bonnet painted last week, and my 'Lexus' and 'IS' badges removed, panel filled, and re-painted. :)

Car will actually be heading back to H&S when I get time to have a couple of small silencers added where the secondary cat's were removed. It's just a bit too loud right now unfortunately. :(

Drown on long journeys is painful! :(

Wife and I both had headaches when we arrived! ;)

Should get those fitted by the beginning/middle of June. :)

I'll try and organise a couple of videos after that. :)

Maybe Stu can pop over to help? ;)

Cheers guys.

Peter :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links