Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pete,

I have a 2008 SE and I have a sport and Hybrid power button. It certainly sharpens up things including throttle response but it is only one setting on mine, there are no others.

Not too helpful I know but I thought they were the same on all.

I believe it is standard on all vehicles. Here is the press release information on the system:

DRIVING DYNAMICS

The Lexus GS 450h platform has exceptional torsional stiffness and provides an excellent
base for the installation of the Lexus Hybrid Drive system, with 50:50 front-to-rear weight
distribution.

Positioning the hybrid system’s Battery directly above the rear axle aids rear-wheel grip and
traction, qualities that are further enhanced by the use of a limited-slip differential.

The Electric Power Steering (EPS) incorporates Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS), which
alters the steering gear ratio according to vehicle speed. This demands minimal steering
effort at low speeds, with improved feel and feedback as speed increases. The VGRS
system is linked to the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) and Lexus’s Vehicle Dynamics
Integrated Management (VDIM) system, helping maintain stability and increasing driving
reward up the limit of the car’s performance capabilities.

The sophisticated front double wishbone and rear multilink suspension design includes an
Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) system, with a choice of Sport and Comfort settings.
Sport mode increases the difference between inner and outer shock absorber damping
through corners to help reduce body roll. At the same time, the Variable Gear Ratio Steering
(VGRS) reduces the steering gear ratio and the Electric Power Steering increases steering
assist torque to compensate for the increase in steering effort. Ride also benefits from non-
linear H
control of all four shocks in response to changes in road surface quality.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links