Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Paint Paint

BruNo

anyone knows what paint brand lexus uses to repair their cars????? is it STANDOX?, RM 2K?, DUPONT? ived tried DuPont and RM 2k, and neither's formula exactly match my millenium silver metallic/platinum ice/metallic silver paint. :(

the variation is very slight, its only a little darker than the original..slightly "greenish" actually. and the bodyshop painter is having a hard time getting a perfect match to me oem paint.

When you respray an area (ie door panel) with metallic paint and Lacquer. Generally the whole side of the car has to be done. As the paint fades over time you will never get exact matches on dark coloured paints.

It really depends on how old the paint/car is. Sometimes you will get away with it,but generally the whole side has to be done or it will stick out. Manufacturers of paints have codes for the paint as on your car and this is matched up with the database of paint mixtures. Ps its a good idea to bring a sample of paint with you. ie..petrol lid is generally used and maybe they will add more to lighten/darken the paint for you. TIP Only go to a reptuable paint dealer and dont use the cheapest. I have been doing this for 22 years here in Ireland and always happy with the outcome. Hope this helps.

well...weve got RM 2k, PPG, Standox, Dupont here..........all have paint code database with corresponding formulas, the problem is with rm2k and dupont, the formulas in their database doesnt perfectly match my paint. well my car is always garaged......18,000kms only, bought brandnew in december 1999. so its pretty much brandnew i guess. i have yet to try PPG and standox.

actually...i left with the paintshop my original bumper w/c i replaced with a new one even if it was only scratched during the rear end collission, so theres no excuse they dont have a big enough sample of the paint to match.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links