Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Sad Day Is Looming

So the sad day is approaching where I will have to part ways with the F, it has been an amazing car, without a single fault in nearly 3 years of ownership and been amazingly practical when an unexpected arrival came last year! Baby seats, prams and holidays worth of luggage have been no problem for the huge boot and the helpful rear doors. Easily the best car I have ever owned and I will be gutted to see it go. But it is at 49k miles now and with it getting around 20mpg over the time I have had the car (I live in London) it is time for something a touch more sensible for a couple of years, either an SUV or an estate (we are a 1 car family) then I will buy another toy in a couple of years, maybe the GS-F if it is any good!

Thinking Touareg or Grand Cherokee if SUV as they aren't posey and they come with all the kit as standard that the other "high end" marques seem to charge a fortune for as options and if it is an estate then I have been looking at the BMW 335d as it is blisteringly quick but gets 51 mpg combined (on paper), the Jag XF Sportbrake and the Merc C-Class, but I really like the new Golf R estate just released.

Still looking and thinking about what to get, it is a hard decision getting into something remotely boring after having such an amazing car, so any suggestions welcome. Needs are: bigger boot, 5 useable seats, some performance would be nice, much better MPG.

In terms of my car if anyone is looking for one, it is a May 2010 car, but unlike other 10 reg cars it is a MY11 model, so it has all the upgrades such as Mechanical LSD, DAB radio, black dashboard fascia, blue accent on steering wheel and the later spec spidersweb BBS alloys. It is in Alpine Pearl White which I beleive is quite rare on this year? It has covered 49,400 but is rising as used most days, has full lexus main dealer service history. I have the next service already paid for in my service plan which is due in May along with MoT included, so will be serviced or service and MoT included in sale, along with them doing all recalls at same time. And it has just has 4 new Bridgstone Potenza tyres, 300 miles ago. Let m know if it peaks your interest.

Looking at values it is hard to know what to advertise it at when I do!

Anyway, been a great ownership and has been great to be part of such an exclusive club, hopefully a club I can come back to one day with a different model!

Hi chap, sad times but understandable for a one car house hold. I bought it to facilitate a new baby so the three of us were fine with it from a size perspective. Understand what you mean by the MPG. I know it was going to be low so not a massive issue for me. Luckily my wife now drives and we have a daily driver so ill be selling mine next year to replace it with sports car with 4 seats :)

Depending on your budget id go for a Porsche cayenne. Did heaps of research on them and loved them BUT the petrol high power models still eat fuel.

In terms of selling yours and values, I guess it depends how quickly you want to shift it. I would just look at what is on sale now and then price yours dependent on how quickly you want to shift it.

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links