Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

93 Sc400 Nakamichi And Stock Swap Help!

I bought a 1993 sc400 with the stock config for sound system. I bought a used head Nakamichi to replace mine that had a broken tape deck but I lost the rear speakersthey don't come on). I would put to orignal unit back in but my lovely wife misplaced the head unit(threw away )question are there any additional components required to upgrade from stock poineer to nakamichi suond system???

it depends if you have the radio with the 4 channel amp inside the radio or whether it is in the trunk. if you have the 4 channell amp in the radio the switch over would be near impossible. if the amplifier is the updated in late 93 up to the 4 channell amp in the trunk and 1 channel amp next to the subwoofer than a nak conversion is not that difficult. you can keep the 4 pioneer 4 ohm door spearkers but would need to get the 4 ohm nak subwoofer and nak amp which is a 5 channel amp. you would have to run new power line to amp as pioneer power wire not beefy enough. then would have to hook the sub to the 5 channell nak amp subwoofer connector port. the door speaker and rear deck speakers conncector port wiring is the same . if you had a raDIO WITHOUT A CD BUTTON YOU ALSO WOULD NEED A CD CHANGER CABLE WHICH I HAVE IN STOCK. i have helped many sc owners do the switch but they all had the late 93 up pioneer system that had no internal amp with no heat sincs on the back of the radio .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links