Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pics Of Ipod Install

Well I finally received my last item so can show you the pics of my Ipod install.

Basically I have hard wired into the Cigarette lighter, installed a double extension under the dash (with an additional in-line fuse 12v for complete safety), this means I can also install a speed camera detector soon, and again have no wires visable.

The prolex aux-in works a treat (thanks Dave), and is a very tidy install.

OK you loose a cup holder :) but is easily accessible.

post-7571-1136903556.jpg

post-7571-1136903565.jpg

:hehe:

How did you go about wiring into the cigarette lighter?

I'm planning on a similar setup but mounting a docking station in the ash tray for my iRiver. Need to get my aux in problem sorted first though!

I'm planning on a similar setup but mounting a docking station in the ash tray for my iRiver. Need to get my aux in problem sorted first though!

Well basically i bought a double extension off eBay, cut the end off an attached an 12v in-line fuse. I then took the centre console off and disconnected the cigarette lighter - scotch locked the live feed to the Pink (live) feed on the lighter and used a self tapper to earth it to the body. Thats is basically - took less that 10 minutes. (putting the console back took longer)

Well basically i bought a double extension off eBay, cut the end off an attached an 12v in-line fuse. I then took the centre console off and disconnected the cigarette lighter - scotch locked the live feed to the Pink (live) feed on the lighter and used a self tapper to earth it to the body. Thats is basically - took less that 10 minutes. (putting the console back took longer)

Nice idea I think I'll have a go at it in a few weeks or so, I so want my ipod hooked up.. Infact while writing this I remember i have an Itrip which i can use. Currently my CD player is broke, so listening to tapes from like 2002...lol

• 8 months later...

Nice idea I think I'll have a go at it in a few weeks or so, I so want my ipod hooked up.. Infact while writing this I remember i have an Itrip which i can use. Currently my CD player is broke, so listening to tapes from like 2002...lol

I did something similar with the lighter sockets for the PDA sat nav and Ipod in my mrs car. Its really weasy and costs alot less then the big bucks wanted by ICE Companies.

Im now thinking of new ways for the Lexus.

I had thought on doing a normal desktop cradle and fixing it in the Tray on the dash for my pda and getting a small dock for my Nano (when the wife buys me it for xmas) and sticking it atop the ashtray.

Id like to drill and secure the PDA dock to the top tray but im waiting to get a second one before i do (just in case i frigg it up)

kris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links