Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Klasse Sg And Aio

After reading so much about the SG, I got it from Carsparkle and went for it at the weekend. All I can say is wow....

I'm gonna try getting some pictures in asap. The Mesa red just looks deep and wet, and that's after one coat of Carlack 68 AIO and one coat of Carlack Acrylic Wax "long life sealant" (aka Klasse SG). I need to give it one more coat of SG, but I've been too busy...

One things for sure - the SG is very hard to remove by hand. I have an electric polisher (offset orbital) and should have used that...but I need new buffing heads...even the Microfibres was hard work (and normally they remove any polish/wax easily).

It's like milky water and you really have to apply it thin...once it's dries it "sticks"...

There isn't one single swirl on the car at all...even under tube lights!! Very impressed with the results though...

One more coat of Sg and then 2 coats of Carnauba this week should do it!! Once a year like this plus some P21s wax in between (once every month/6 weeks) and it whould look this good for years to come.

Thanks to Mike Morse for the tip!

PS - also got some Simoniz Wash Shampoo - which is very good!!

AIO can help reduce swirls, but it has no abrasives in it...purely Chemical. So it's by chance I think.

The car is still fairly new and has had 5 or so washes, one at the dealers...

When I wash it, the car is rinsed first.

I always use 2 buckets, one with clean water to rinse the microfibre covered sponge...and one with shampoo...lots of shampoo...lathery.

Wash as recommended, top downwards and the water is never totally cold - I use luke warm water...dunno why!!

I then tend to Chamois dry, and that is cleaned thoroughly after each wash!!

I thought the wash at Leicester Lex would have been done badly but I am amazed - they must have done a goodish job...

PS - the wifes Honda jazz went through this treatment, came out like glass - then the Honda Dealer destroyed the paintwork when Serviced by leeting a Yob clean it. Totally swirled again!

To help with keeping the sponge clean as well as using two buckets you can also use this :

gritguard.jpg

Grit Guard for Buckets

Preventing swirl marks is one of the biggest challenges in caring for today's delicate clear coat finishes. Grit Guard® helps prevent swirl marks inflicted during the wash process when small particles of dirt and debris are rubbed across the surface of the paint.

Simply place the Grit Guard into the bottom of your wash bucket. Each time you dunk your wash mitt in the bucket to get more suds, rub it against the Grit Guard.

The unique grid pattern helps remove the dirt and grit while the baffles on the bottom act to calm the water to prevent particles from being re-circulated in the wash solution.

1 x 246mm Diameter black Grit Guard® packaged.

Price with FREE UK DELIVERY: £9.99 (Including: VAT at 17.5%)

That's interesting....

Mind you I now only use sponges that come covered with a microfibre all round. That way all of the grit stays on the outside of the sponge/microfibre...

Sponges you get from Halfords or those that come free with the shampoo are normally nylon based, and even with no grit (i.e. a new sponge) there is a risk you will swirl the paintwork 'cos nylon is hard and won't "give"...and sponges hold grit inside which this device might not remove.

It all depends how anoraky you want to be, I but I have found natural sponges (more expensive) are much better, and the second bucket (which I refill a few times) means clean sponge and clean soapy water until the end...

Even microfibres - the cheapo Mill Shops ones are nylon/polyester based - you really need cotton ones, but they can cost quite alot (£3 each compared to the Mill shop's 79p each range)....

PS - then I noticed 3 Stone chips on the front and 2 fang marks on the drivers door.... : :

just to add to this thread........

i spoke to the chap from carsparkle a few moments ago (top bloke :D ) and he said that both the AIO and the SG should be very easy to remove, as long as you use a very thin film of product and a terry cloth (work better than a microfibre according to him). at £23 for the two, plus 10% LOC discount, it hardly breaks the bank and i think i'll give it a go :D :D

apparently, for me, having a white car, the P21S carnauba wax makes the colour look deeper (which isn't as highly favoured on a white/silver car). thus the AIO & SG combination should have the paint finish really glossy and look the nuts!!! :D :D

just to add to this thread........

i spoke to the chap from carsparkle a few moments ago (top bloke :D ) and he said that both the AIO and the SG should be very easy to remove, as long as you use a very thin film of product and a terry cloth (work better than a microfibre according to him). at £23 for the two, plus 10% LOC discount, it hardly breaks the bank and i think i'll give it a go :D :D

apparently, for me, having a white car, the P21S carnauba wax makes the colour look deeper (which isn't as highly favoured on a white/silver car). thus the AIO & SG combination should have the paint finish really glossy and look the nuts!!! :D :D

The cotton terry is basically a cotton microfibre (as far as I can tell - they look the same, but the cotton one is softer).

Just this morning I placed a coat of Carnauba P21s onto the car, and later on I'll be taking it off. WTS fo a few pics...

Just with one coat of AIO and 2 coats of SG the car looks stunning. It's the glossiest it's been...ever...and that single coat of P21s should add the finishing touch...

AIO is probably the single most impressive polish i have ever used.

SG is a pure pain in the *****, and i've seen few people complain about it being stubborn to polish off, and leaving some marring..

Only best to apply it in the cool shade.

SG is a pure pain in the *****, and i've seen few people complain about it being stubborn to polish off, and leaving some marring..

Thats why when applying SG, apply extremely thin layers. Best results would be to use AIO. followed by around 4 /5 layers of SG. Then add 4 / 5 layers of something like the P21S Carnuba wax

Gotta agree there, SG on flat black paint can give a "milky" effect. Better to just apply 1 coat of SG then 3-4 of good Carnauba wax.

like i said, the cahp said it can be a pain to remove if applied too thickly. a thin film should be ok. unfortunately, on a lighter coloured car, i guess its not that easy to see how thin a film has been applied!!!

as AIO applies a sealant to the paint, what is the added benefit of using SG??? is it just to further built up the sealant on the car???

like i said, the cahp said it can be a pain to remove if applied too thickly. a thin film should be ok. unfortunately, on a lighter coloured car, i guess its not that easy to see how thin a film has been applied!!!

as AIO applies a sealant to the paint, what is the added benefit of using SG??? is it just to further built up the sealant on the car???

I didn't think that AIO did apply a sealant. Hence the use of the SG afterwards

I didn't think that AIO did apply a sealant. Hence the use of the SG afterwards

i thought it did.......probably wrong!!!

maybe someone could clarify???

Yes AIO is a sealer

see here

thanks mate :D :D

just been working this out actually......carsparkle sells carlack68 as a 500ml bottle (the smallest they offer), which equates to 16.9 US fluid ounces. Autopia sell the 16.9 fluid ounce Klasse AIO at $27.99....which is roughly £16 plus hefty shipping costs. this is a damn good price from carsparkle.......plus, if you buy the systematic care kit you get an even better deal. and if you use LOC gold discount (extra 10%), even more of a saving!!!! :D :D :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links