Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog/brake Light Conversion

Hi Guys,

Need some help with fog/brake light conversion, i have sat here and done a search for about an hour now so please don't post up telling me to search as im going mad!!! :crybaby:

I know the fog light conversion can be done with a few diodes but i don't want to do this way.

I have recently bought the dual filament bulb holders from chris.s and i need to get the dual filament bulbs but how do i wire it all up???? i have serached but there seems to be no information on how to do it this way?????? :unsure:

Someone on here must know how to help :unsure: PLEASE!!!!!! :crybaby:

Thanks in advance,

Jason :P

im still not getting this??????

At what point do i need the new dual filament looms i have bought??? all these ways show using the diodes. I know there is a way to just have the fogs as driving lights and still work as fogs.

You asked about fogs/brake conversion.

Are you actually talking about the brake light conversion or leaving the fogs as they are and just having the other 5w filament of the bulb in the fog housing come on with normal driving lights?

If so, you just need to take the lead from the 5w filament side and connect to the line that goes live when the headlights are on. If it is the newer harness, there is already a connector within the bootlid. Roughly in the middle. If not, connect at the back of the rear lamp.

The fogs will work as normal, they will be the normal low brightness as your backlights. They won't come on with the brakes unless you add the diodes to the braking circuit. (The fogs still work as normal as well).

Its two separate circuits.

Are you actually talking about the brake light conversion or leaving the fogs as they are and just having the other 5w filament of the bulb in the fog housing come on with normal driving lights?

If so, you just need to take the lead from the 5w filament side and connect to the line that goes live when the headlights are on. If it is the newer harness, there is already a connector within the bootlid. Roughly in the middle. If not, connect at the back of the rear lamp.

The fogs will work as normal, they will be the normal low brightness as your backlights. They won't come on with the brakes unless you add the diodes to the braking circuit. (The fogs still work as normal as well).

My bad :blush: I think i need to convert them just to driving lights first and maybe do the other part later. Does anyone have a walk through on how to fit the dual filament looms and bulbs. I have heard somewhere that its just plug and play??? is this right?

My bad :blush: I think i need to convert them just to driving lights first and maybe do the other part later. Does anyone have a walk through on how to fit the dual filament looms and bulbs. I have heard somewhere that its just plug and play??? is this right?

You have to mod the fitment with sharp blade, best thing to do is, take the fog light out to see better what you have to cut away.

If you just changing to fogs coming on with lights, then its as Geoff has said, take a feed from you lights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links