Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Warranty Chances With This......

Hi all,

I've been reading with interest the thread on the seized calipers on a 40k IS200.

I have a problem with my 44k IS200sport - the clutch release bearing squeaks. On idle with car in neutral and clutch up there is a HORRIBLE screaching sound. As far as I can deduce, it is the clutch release bearing (or thrust bearing).

The car is under a 1yr dealer warranty (3yr manuf warranty ended 1st march this yr) and my opinion is I do not expect to buy a car such as this, only for it to squeak, regardless of whether it's a wearable part or not.

Has anybody had any experiences with this, or any advice? It's a very embarrasing noise - luxurious car, nice image.....SQEUAK SQUEAK SQUEAK

Thanks for any comments,

Tony

Hi Tone,

Dim question No. 14 :withstupid:

Reading you post, the car seems to be outside it's 3yr warranty, but is it still subject to a 1yr warrranty from your dealer?

If so, then you're ok. :hocus-pokus:

Go get it sorted under the 1yr warranty.

I have a problem with my 44k IS200sport - the clutch release bearing squeaks. On idle with car in neutral and clutch up there is a HORRIBLE screaching sound. As far as I can deduce, it is the clutch release bearing (or thrust bearing).

I think if the noise stops when you plonk the clutch pedal down,

It could be a gearbox input shaft bearing.

Anyway, should all be warranty work ...

I have a problem with my 44k IS200sport - the clutch release bearing squeaks.  On idle with car in neutral and clutch up there is a HORRIBLE screaching sound.  As far as I can deduce, it is the clutch release bearing (or thrust bearing).

I think if the noise stops when you plonk the clutch pedal down,

It could be a gearbox input shaft bearing.

Anyway, should all be warranty work ...

yeah - that's what it does !!!

My concern was that they would say clutch related is a wearable part.

You're correct, 3yr manuf warranty is out but i bought from a dealer only 2 months ago so i have a 1yrs dealer warranty still.

A phone call to Lexus Canterbury it is then

Cheers guys for your input !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links