• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Vicmeldrew last won the day on March 11 2014

Vicmeldrew had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About Vicmeldrew

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • First Name
  • Lexus Model
  • Year of Lexus
  • UK/Ireland Location

Recent Profile Visitors

1,421 profile views
  1. The procedure is in this posting Vic
  2. Thank you all for your replies. I feel reassured that my battery level is normal and I have nothing to worry about. It's a shame that the handbook doesn't contain any info on this subject.
  3. Thanks for your reply. It was the level of the bar graph that concerned me, its just not as full as before I changed battery. Wonder where the charge level is on similar aged Rx 400h, any other members check theirs at all? Vic
  4. Sorry my mistake, car us 2006 reg so is nearly 12 years old!
  5. During the recent cold spell my 12v auxiliary battery failed and I replaced it with a new one. Before the change my Hybrid Energy Monitor screen displayed a battery level of 7 eighths and showed level in green colour. Now after battery change and driving approx 70 miles the level only shows 6 eighths and is in blue colour. My questions are what energy level should a nearly 8 year old reach and is the ecu still 'learning' after battery change. Mpg was around 32 but is now 28. I have done a regenerationas described in a post some time ago, level did go to 7 eights and green but in the course of running has now settled on the lower blue level. Anyone had similar or information on this? Thanks in anticipation, Vic
  6. Have you checked the floor wells in the boot below the rear lights? That's where I found water which was giving condensation on my windscreen.
  7. I have a Se L model and it certainly doesn't have air suspension. Hope you get sorted soon.
  8. Could you ask your trade motor parts dealer about shocks for 2007 GS450h please?

    I haven't given up seeking replacement under warranty yet but best have Plan B ready.

    Many thanks



  9. I asked about shock absorbers at the trade motor parts dealer I use this am while buying timing belt kit for my Rx400h. Left and right are available for trade, £96 each inc. vat. I believe they are KYB make. This might be of interest to any one in need.
  10. This would make total cost approx £407 for the two complete units. Would be interested to know how things turn out if you proceed with purchase. May need to do mine in the future!
  11. My understanding of import duty is (cost of shocks+shipping/insurance) x 4.5% vat payable would be (cost of shocks +shipping/insurance + import duty) x 20% Any idea of shipping/insurance cost for these shocks?
  12. Have a read through further down the page. There are a lot cases of water in boot and numerous solutions to the problem. I eventually stopped water in my boot but it took a lot of work and I'm not sure where it was actually getting in but it's still dry thankfully.
  13. I remember that thread - didn't you virtually take the car apart to fix it? I'll look it up and check mine...thanks. Pretty much. Everything I did is posted in the thread you found. It is still dry, I do check it after periods of heavy or prolonged rain. Hope you can find your leak and post any useful information.
  14. . I had loads of moisture on my windscreen after rain. It turned out to be water in the boot well. There's a thread from last year, if you look for something like "water ingress" you should find it. I'm not saying you have same problem but it solved my condensation problem.
  15. I'm hopeful that I may have cured my water leaks. I sealed under the tailgate rubber seal and around the tailgate hinge brackets that attach to body. Water still came into boot at the same place as before. Did water testing from the bumper upwards and found that water only found in boot when I ran water on roof around the rear roof bar bracket, I removed the bracket, cleaned the whole area up, put some sealant under bracket, gasket, bolts and on the bodywork seam along side the bracket. It was impossible to be certain that this seam was intact , it looked a bit dubious in a couple of places, thats why I sealed it. Re assembled roof bar and done 2 water tests since and NO WATER in the the moment! I am hopeful that this might be my answer to my problem. Time and rain will tell. This info may be of some help to anyone still struggling with this problem.