Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update Is250 Se-L White 2009

Was meant to go tomorrow to view it but decided to go today just got back woh what a car it's immaculate not a mark it's got TRD badges done by Toyota racing driving is250 just fell in luv with it no wonder members prefer is250 try to do deal with him well he said 6195 plus my car in px he won't go lower when started revs were high about 1200 after it dropped to normal maybe it was cold that is only thing worried me steering wheel felt heavy again is it due to having 18" alloys need advice thanks he is so sure it will b gone by weekend he said phone hasn't stopped ringing it's spotless also had alloys refurbished

• Like 1

Sounds like a good one, it could be the tyre pressures are slightly low causing the steering to feel heavy,tyres low on tread.

You can normally turn the steering wheel with one finger on PAS cars.

It will have a 6 month warranty under the SOGA so if everything else checks out you should be fine, most Lexus dealers do a free health check so may be an idea to get it in there soon after purchase.

I would ignore the TRD badge, i think someone just stuck it on and probably has no other 'performance' parts to it.

Regards to the steering wheel, i did find it a bit heavier than my civic type r EP3 though both are electric power steering and not the conventional belt driven system. It's not really a problem and you will get use to it.

The revs will go about 1.2-1.5krpm on a cold start but depending on the outside temp, it can drop back down to under 1krpm within 5 secs or a little bit longer than this if its really cold (as i found out this weekend).

Do the usual checks like HPI, check MOT mileage etc.

Check its MOT history on the GOV web site

Looking at it, then it has had a hard life with brakes / tyres and one instance of a failure on one disc pad?

Seems to suggest its not been looked after if failing on pads etc...

This particular part of the Lexus Owners Club forum deals with 3rd Generation IS models so you might get more replies in the other part dealing with IS250. Having said that and owned IS250s of each generation, I would say that the revs seem normal to me and warmup is fairly slow which tends to delay the rpm falling to normal. I can't say that the power steering ever seemed heavy but it certainly needed more than just light finger pressure except at speed. I would not be too influenced by the refurbished allows - I have had a superb job done on some of mine and it was around £75 per wheel. The damage was admittedly just slight curbing but, if "your" wheels were damaged anything more than that, then I would be worried that their integrity might have been weakened.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links