Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Update on my car

Just a quick update on my car for those that may be interested.  I purchased my 2012 black ISF from Lexus Nottingham in March this year, it was on 45K mileage, but it looked as if the 'lads' in the dealers might have been taking it out for the odd spin as the rear wheels and arches were caked in mud, that aside, it had everything I wanted over my previous 2009 ISF - slippy diff, later instrument binnacle, revised suspension etc. and was clean inside, with little wear, and had the added benefit of a H&S cat back already fitted.

After getting the car I noticed an irritating rattle/squeak coming from around the binnacle, and also when I dropped the car off to Lexus Twickenham for a check-up was disappointed that the exhaust was blowing and they needed to order a new part to do the wheel alignment, but after a bit of discussion this was all done under warranty and they also fixed the rattle inside, so all good!  I had the diff oil changed and they topped up the transmission as well.  I ordered a Tom's air filter element and kept the original intake housing (I had a Takada on my last ISF, but with the Tom's element am happy to keep the later intake housing for this car).

I got the awful budget Pirelli's on the car replaced by Michelin Pilot S tyres all round and had the USRS fitted this week.  I also fitted a new steering wheel with a carbon fibre top order off eBay (far more tactile than the stock one which I think is horribly budget and feels like a cheese grater with all the rough holes in the leather).  I also replaced the boot spoiler with a carbon fiber one off eBay (subtle but goes well with the black colour).  In addition, I got some 'paintshield' added to the front of the car to avoid stop chips etc.

I'm not planning on making further mods to the vehicle except possibly for a rear diffuser (be very careful about inferior carbon fibre ones on eBay, they are ******* and don't fit on the car) and am very happy with what I have got for the next few years, I got a good deal with Lexus for an extended warranty for three years and am pleased to have the later model of which I think there are only 50 on UK roads.  I will try and upload a pic if I can, but just wanted to give you an update.

• Like 2

Yeah! How's the exhaust is it a nice sound, any drones it 70mph ?

can you let me know what parts we're ordered to allow alignment to be carried out, what symptoms were you seeing before alignment?

ta

16 hours ago, G10RRE said:

Yeah! How's the exhaust is it a nice sound, any drones it 70mph ?

can you let me know what parts we're ordered to allow alignment to be carried out, what symptoms were you seeing before alignment?

ta

The Hayward & Scott exhaust seems to vary in tone each time I drive it (like on my previous ISF), if anything the one on my current car is much better in terms of tone and noise (I like the burble not the thumping - you can get either).  I am not aware of any drone above 70.  For the wheel alignment, Lexus ordered a rubber shim or bush that was apparently worn preventing them from doing the alignment correctly (I don't have details of the exact part).

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links