Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sonic blue is250 f sport on autotrader

As above guys..the one on autotrader at Lexus sidcup 61 plate

was this motor anyone's from here? 

I had a quick convo with the dealer about price...offered them 10.5k but firmly got rejected...

i thibk £12k is abit too much no? 

Also is there any thing different going from a SE model to f sport in terms on ride or comfort? 

Thank you 

Paresh

It depends what you mean by "ride comfort". I used to have 2012 F-Sport and it was harder ride mainly due to 18" rims compared to my current SE-L on 17" rims. Except of that F-Sport has anti-roll bars which gives more control and reduces roll in corners. I would say comfort is the same as SE/SE-L and mainly depends on the size of the rims 18" being harder, 17" obviously more comfortable. Now the ride in my opinion is better in F-Sport, due to the mentioned anti-roll bars, less roll and steering is more accurate.

Now the difference is that mine had F-Sport "comfort seats", which are kind of hybrid between SE-L comfort and IS-F. They are full-leather with bigger side support cushions - this option is not available in UK and all F-Sports in UK has half-leather "sport" seats. So I cannot comment on seat comfort in UK version.

P.S. let me know if you getting rid of your car - I would be quite interested in IS-F rims.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying 

are the anti roll bars different in the f sport compared to SE spec models? 

I was asking about the comfort as I've not driven in an f sport and I was under the impression it's slightly lower than standard models? Is that right? 

Im running ISF bbs wheels on my is250 and the ride is harsh due to tyre profile..

mainly I wanted to see if anybody owned the blue Lexus which is at Sidcup as I think they have overpriced it at 12k and I really want it!!! 

Spoken to Lexus leicester to see if a deal can be done

Yes anti-roll bars are definitely different - and that is the best thing about F-Sport, they won't affect comfort, but will improve steering/cornering. You can achieve same handling in SE/SE-L by retrofitting F-Sport anti-roll bars - something what is dubbed in US forums as "best mod for the buck for IS250/350"

As well I had a good look at the particular example you referring to and it has latest bumpers (introduced together with 2011 advance model) which I believe looks great and DLR. As well the "sport" seats looks exactly as I had on mine, except the middle part is Alcantara rather than leather - the point they are great seats. 

The price... well being Lexus dealership I believe it is OK, but you can find similar examples for 10.5k as you mentioned. My opinion you need to settle the price somewhere between asking 10.5k and 12k, as well I believe you have been rejected mainly because it was over the phone, I can hardly imagine them rejecting the offer if you would be standing in dealership with money in your hands.

One thing I noticed is that O/S/F rim is badly scratched and will need to be refurbished - good place to start price negotiation. 

• Like 1

My main point was a few grand over their asking price is a 2nd hand is300h with lower mileage! 

cant see any other sonic blues around on autotrader so they got the heads up on price their. 

Yes your right pic seemed to me as if alloy looks grazed and damaged, no doubt I would lower the price, but I'm looking to put my ISF wheels on it. 

the other thing is Lexus are offering a decent price for my 55 plate is250 MM spec

thanks for the info on the roll bars, it's something I didn't know...I assumed f sport was pedals and different exhaust compared to SE models.

lexus leicester are trying to negotiate a price with sidcup and see if there is movement in price as I won't be paying £12k for it!

Obvious, your P/X price will come into play as well so you might not get much off, but you get more for your car, so essentially you can get the same deal. I would say 10% off is safe bet. The sonic blue is as well interesting choice - you either hate it or you love it, so they cannot really employ that as their argument for the price.

Actually, I believe exhaust is the same on F-Sport maybe they take more time polishing tips :whistling: what is actually different is intake, which has "sound amplifying" port, so you have better intake noise.

The love is very appealing...the photos on AT don't do it any justice..

i don't think it has reverse camera either? 

have you got an f-sport did you say?

7 minutes ago, lex28 said:

The love is very appealing...the photos on AT don't do it any justice..

i don't think it has reverse camera either? 

have you got an f-sport did you say?

Should have a reversing camera. 

Price generally seems OK for a dealership - dont forget they stick £1-2k on top of private prices and typically only move £500 on price. 

3 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Should have a reversing camera. 

Price generally seems OK for a dealership - dont forget they stick £1-2k on top of private prices and typically only move £500 on price. 

Hi

It hasnt mentioned rear camera in the Ad, and also via the pictures i can see sensors on rear bumper...

like you said, they did try and take off £500, but at £11k or even slightly less at £10750 is seems more appealing than £12k as mileage is slight higher than i want.

6 minutes ago, lex28 said:

Hi

It hasnt mentioned rear camera in the Ad, and also via the pictures i can see sensors on rear bumper...

like you said, they did try and take off £500, but at £11k or even slightly less at £10750 is seems more appealing than £12k as mileage is slight higher than i want.

Yes the cars has parking sensors all around and a reversing camera (take a look in the middle above the rear number plate, its the black box)

TBF sometimes if you keep nagging them for a week, they'll take more off if they realise there's no other customers for that particular car.

The rims are knackered in the pictures but they've probably been redone already so dont expect a discount for those.

• Like 1

I still think best way to get discount is to be there in person, because they can commit anything on the phone, same as buyer can say any price on the phone without even considering to buy the car. I still think they are more rejected the bargaining over the phone than particular offer.

For 2IS - reversing camera was part of Sat-Nav package, so it is definitely there.

They as well say "16 inch Alloy Wheels: Tyre Size 205/55R16" which I am sure is not the case. Seems like standard dealer template for 2IS, which they didn't bother to tailor to particular car.

• Like 1

I bought my is250 se-i 2009 had only 40k did start at £10,000 from lexus Plymouth was on for 11500 after hard negotiations over phone got it for 10500.i thought got bargain. I got sensors at rear plus camera,.

Lexus leicester have said they will see what they can do with price at sidcup and get back to me by tomorrow...

im hoping to strike a deal as I don't want to put more and more money into my Lexus when 55 plates only worth 3-4K now..shame parts and services are not heavily discounted for cars over 10 years. 

Paid £700 few weeks on her for new water pump, calipers, service including all filters 😞

As mentioned, it does indeed have a navigation unit and therefore a reversing camera. Plus it has metallic paint, so its about as loaded as an F-Sport gets. The only other option available was DAB radio.

I'm on my 2nd F-Sport and find the ride quality perfectly acceptable, great even. They might have 18" wheels but the rear sidewall is still quite substantial and soaks up bumps very well. The last one I had was a 2010 and my current car is the newer 2011MY example like the one at Lexus Sidcup. I actually think my current car rides and feels a little better to drive but that is probably down to better quality tyres (Hankook S1 Evo2, vs. Dunlop Sportmaxx GT).

I wasn't aware that the anti-roll bars were any different on these cars, but the springs (slightly stiffer) and dampers (Tokico) definitely are. Overall, an F-Sport sits around 20mm lower than standard and the suspension is the only real mechanical difference between it and any other IS trim level. The rest of the "F-Sport" package (spoilers, alloys, seats, pedals, steering wheel) is largely cosmetic.

Definitely have a test drive. I don't think you'll be in for too many surprises in terms of ride comfort.

• Like 1

i thought the same too, but why has the rear bumper got sensors for then?

yes im waiting for lexus leic to call back and try and take it from there...im not travelling 100 miles to see it, if they only going to knock off £250.

I really wanted this post to shine to any previous owners or owner to see how they got on with it..

i remember buying my current is250 from toyota barnsley, a week after a member (former) part exchanged it. They suffered a big hit in terms of the price i paid, lets try Toyota got over £3k in a week!! Plus the previous owner was a nice bloke and gave me a whole list of things done to the car.

fingers crossed if i can struck a deal

3 minutes ago, lex28 said:

i thought the same too, but why has the rear bumper got sensors for then?

yes im waiting for lexus leic to call back and try and take it from there...im not travelling 100 miles to see it, if they only going to knock off £250.

I really wanted this post to shine to any previous owners or owner to see how they got on with it..

i remember buying my current is250 from toyota barnsley, a week after a member (former) part exchanged it. They suffered a big hit in terms of the price i paid, lets try Toyota got over £3k in a week!! Plus the previous owner was a nice bloke and gave me a whole list of things done to the car.

fingers crossed if i can struck a deal

It has sensors and a reversing camera for both auditory and visual cues. It is a big help practically as sometimes you can just not pay attention and keep reversing regardless of seeing how close the car is behind you on the screen but its the change of beeping that makes people stop!

• Like 1

Did you manage to get deal on f sport as I can't find it on lexus Sidcup but there is another one on 60 plate, 10500 miles for £14,100 it's private seller. Bit expensive but very low mileage it's same colour. 

nope, didnt get get a call back so im assuming someone paid the price listed or close to it..

where is this other one you have seen?

5 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

On autotrader but bit too much for 60 plate ok low mileage but not gonna drop 4k

Ah yes I've just seen it now on AT..looks nice and very low mileage but £14k so out of my range.

That f sport on AT  dropped to £13,800 now but didn't take pictures of number plate showing wonder why?????still don't think gonna sell for that as still 2010. Done valuation of same car without reg no only worth £10360 private, dealer £11-13 approx. Think he private dealer not private seller 

ive got his reg plate and looks clean and genuine...AT quoting £10.8k for sale value...

ive asked the question if he is prepared to lower the asking price from £13.8k but seemed inclined to budge at this stage.

I don't think he gonna sell for that price for private seller as it's 4k overpriced . personally wouldn't pay that from private seller due to getting no warranty with it.i bought mine from lexus Plymouth is250 se-i on 59 for £10500 from £11500 also got service including plugs changed and they changed front discs and pads and got 1 yr lexus warranty.like linas p said even that low miles not good for car.dependes on ur budget I rather buy from lexus dealer. Just wait he will have to drop it further if he wants any interest. Good luck

It's a nice example, but as we all know we don't always get the price We think a car is worth...

like you say, my main concern is having no warranty on the car...just basically sold as seen and it can be a big risk especially with some of the common complex problems an is250 can bring..

I've left it for him to contact me if and when he wants to lower the price. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links