Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's gone back!

I have this afternoon p/x my ISF in exchange for a M240i!

I only put 3000 miles on it, so it now has about 7200 miles. the colour black with beige leather (I have posted some pictures in another thread). Subject to a couple of marks (which no doubt Lexus will fix) the car is immaculate, no seriously it is. The rear seats have been sat in once in my ownership and according to the dealer I bought the car off, the rear seats have never been sat in. The car was serviced in June. However, the big service is up next, but I doubt if it will need anything. Tyres have lots of tread left. The dealer said that the depreciation on the car was running at about £600pm, therefore try not not to pay over the odds. I think it looks better than the red one Lexus have for sale.

I traded it in at Cooper BMW Reading, which is part of the Inchcape group. One of the Lexus dealers in that group apparently wanted it. I know dealers juggle around the figures, but the p/x for my pocket was £30k. That left me with equity for the BMW, I was quite pleased with that considering I only had the car 7 months. WBAC were quoting £29,400, before an inspection. I will be interested to see how much they mark it up.

It is an immaculate car, no thrashing, but there was the occasional blast of course (which has to be done). I hope it goes to a good home.

• Like 1

Well this was my second ISF and as much as I liked it, it is not the type of car that is nimble around town, also the finance was quite high. I have mentioned before that I could manage it, but in the end I decided to save some money and try and find something else. The BMW certainly matches it for pace (not sound) and is about 41 stones lighter, which is noticeable when weaving around London and other cities. The obvious running cost are also a consideration. Maybe I have fallen for the dreaded low down torque of cars these days. This BMW has it 500 Nm or 369ft lbs from around 1500rpm.

23 minutes ago, Selmer mk6 said:

Well this was my second ISF and as much as I liked it, it is not the type of car that is nimble around town, also the finance was quite high. I have mentioned before that I could manage it, but in the end I decided to save some money and try and find something else. The BMW certainly matches it for pace (not sound) and is about 41 stones lighter, which is noticeable when weaving around London and other cities. The obvious running cost are also a consideration. Maybe I have fallen for the dreaded low down torque of cars these days. This BMW has it 500 Nm or 369ft lbs from around 1500rpm.

Ah ok, makes sense. No car is worth pushing finance for. It certainly isn't a light car. I guess the power delivery depends on the driving you do and what you use the car for. Screaming cars that need revving is more suited to sports cars imo so again understand where you are coming from. 

Hooe you enjoy the bimmer chap 😃

Interesting swap. I'm seriously considering an M2 next, with a manual gearbox. But getting a test drive, or even to sit in one is posing a problem

I also was considering the M2. However, it worked out to at least 10k more, the waiting list was more than a year and as my IS F was depreciating more on a monthly basis than what I was paying, I thought I would bail out.

The only thing I have noticed so far with the M240i is that the steering is a bit too light. The performance is certainly there.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:26 PM, Selmer mk6 said:

I have this afternoon p/x my ISF in exchange for a M240i! ... Subject to a couple of marks (which no doubt Lexus will fix) the car is immaculate, no seriously it is.

So now Lexus dealers are selling BMW? That is a shocker!

On the other hand BMW M2 is great car and many compares it to the days of E30 M3, when the car was nimble and all about driver's experience.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links