Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Sport

can anyone help

i have an is 200 sport, two weeks ago i parked the car up at night headlamps on auto as normal switched off the engine and opened the door the side lamps and fog lamps went out but the headlamps stayed on and i could not switch them out so i removed the relay when i put the relay in the next day the head lamps were off this is hapening more often over the past week, if i turn the headlamps on to the normal position and drive it when i turn them off they go off but when i take the key out they come back on some times they go off after 10 secs some times it is 30 secs some times they dont go off at all

dose any on have any ideas

can the auto lights be reset?

thanks for your help

spanner

I had this problem over xmas, sounds like the headlamp relay is faulty. Get one from your local motor factors, it will be cheaper than your Lexus dealer, my local dealer wanted £55 for a new headlamp relay! :crybaby:

I had this problem over xmas, sounds like the headlamp relay is faulty. Get one from your local motor factors, it will be cheaper than your Lexus dealer, my local dealer wanted £55 for a new headlamp relay! :crybaby:

thankyou for your reply i had already orderd a new relay from lexus which will be here tomorrow, i will fit it in my dinner hour and i will let you know of the outcome thanks again

Normally water ingress in the fusebox in the driver kick panel

is this a common problem

Normally water ingress in the fusebox in the driver kick panel

is this a common problem i belive this car has had a new windscreen i am going to take out the fuse box tomorrow and check i have fitted a new relay but that did not cure the problem i will also check the switch tomorrow thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

With regards to the headlight problem you have encountered, I have been suffering from this exact same thing for the best part of a year.

It only seems to raise its ugly head when the weather is particularly wet. I have found that blasting the heater on full and directing it to the footwell area, it eventually sorts itself out and will be fine for a couple of days.

I called both Lexus Glasgow and Edinburgh for some assistance but both of them hadn't heard of it before. Glasgow even offered to have a look at the car for me but told me that it could be a quick 5 minute fix or it could take them a couple of days to source the problem. All being charged at full labour rates of course!!!!!

That was until the other day when I noticed that now I have no headlights working. Sidelights are working fine, fog lights are working alright but as for main headlights, nothing. The auto setting seems to be working fine as the lights on the dash and centre facia seem to come in accordance with the daylight decreasing. The lights still flash properly when the stalk is pulled towards me but don't come on when pushed away. The headlight washer isn't worlking as well and neither is the rear fog lights unless I have the front ones on. I'm beginning to wonder if I have a problem with the indicator stalks like someone else had mentioned. Any ideas on cost of the new stalk and how difficult it is to replace. I've already tried the relay but no joy.

HELP!!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links