Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Settings

Yeldarb

OK I know I can't try this out for a couple of weeks but when setting the hardness of the suspension (with coil overs) is it wise to have the hardness

the same all round,

harder at the front and softer at the back?

softer at the back and harder at the front?

Suspension settings are a bit of a mystery for me!!! Or is it just a matter of personal preference?

At the moment they are set to full hardness all round and it is a little bumpy..

I would like the car to really grip the road when cornering as this is the only time the IS feels a bit skittish. But also keep some degree of the traditional feel of a Lexus.

Have to admit I'm stumped on this one - I did notice though mate that when it was set to rock hard that the back end would skip out much easier!

It felt fantastic on the country roads but then it stepped out when I didn't expect it giving some very light throttle going round a busy roundabout!

Which suspension is it mate?

Have to admit I'm just running mine at setting 5 out of 15 towards the softest side, gives about the best compromise for the roads around here and at the minute it's set the same all around - I did ***** up and had three corners sat at 5 and the drivers at 10 - that was an interesting experience!

Koni.

It feels great at speed (40+) like nothing could go wrong but when slow it does step out a bit easier.

Aye I nearly filled my pants as I wasn't expecting it at that point :lol:

I just settled for same all around for now, longer term I'll have a play around though :)

• 2 weeks later...

my setup is solid, Its perfect for where i live. Handles really well low down but top end it gets a bit skitish. But how often do you reach them speeds (legally of course hehe)

Ive got a Golf GTi which is probley just as low and the ride is back breaking... im going to need a hip replacement soon! and the same is for this car. low down it will out handle the lexus without a doubt but you have to run the risk of looking like a idiot as u bounce down the road haha!!

** Just realised we both live in MK! lol!

I always set my softer at the rear. This is because I want the car to understeer so you can balance the car using the throttle....

Don't forget that most damper should be valved softer for the rear end anyways...

Oversteer when you don't expect it will normally cost you alot of money... :crybaby:

I always set my softer at the rear. This is because I want the car to understeer so you can balance the car using the throttle....

Don't forget that most damper should be valved softer for the rear end anyways...

Oversteer when you don't expect it will normally cost you alot of money... :crybaby:

Nocturnal has a point, most sports cars produced are generally set to understeer alittle at first rather than oversteer instantly for safety reasons. Usually road testers in magazines like Evo do mention this point in the cars they test but they usually just counter the understeer effect by putting in more throttle, I suppose it's a good thing because you learn to control the car so it does what you want rather than it biting you at every corner and roundabout, next thing you know you just crashed the car you spent thousands of pounds on... abit of a waste... and dangerous.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links