Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cannot Find Efi Or Etcs Fuses

Hi, I am trying to reset my ECU in an attemt to improve my mpg, I have just had the EGR valve cleaned, I have read several articles that says to remove the two fuses below.

• Remove the 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse

• Remove the 15Amp ETCS fuse

Having opened the fuse box (in front of the Battery 2008 IS220d) I cannot see any fuses with these names, I have checked my handbook and they appear in the' type B' fuse box but not the 'type A' which I seem to have.

Am I missing something here !!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

There ia another fuse box in the cabin located in the lower dash on the driver's side, the fuses should be labelled on the cover.

Thanks, I have checked these but again is does not list either of the above. In the owners handbook it says Type B Engine compartment fuse box!!

Hi, I am trying to reset my ECU in an attemt to improve my mpg, I have just had the EGR valve cleaned, I have read several articles that says to remove the two fuses below.

Having opened the fuse box (in front of the battery 2008 IS220d) I cannot see any fuses with these names, I have checked my handbook and they appear in the' type B' fuse box but not the 'type A' which I seem to have.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, I cleaned my own EGR Valve and got some excellent results in respect of mpg returns. You don't need to remove the fuses to reset the ECU, just disconnect the negative lead from the Battery and leave it off for a while. I left mine disconnected overnight but you might not need to leave it that long. have a look at this link to a thread by Matus, it covers the resetting of the ECU in there. Hope this helps.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=72447

Having opened the fuse box (in front of the battery 2008 IS220d) I cannot see any fuses with these names, I have checked my handbook and they appear in the' type B' fuse box but not the 'type A' which I seem to have.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, I cleaned my own EGR Valve and got some excellent results in respect of mpg returns. You don't need to remove the fuses to reset the ECU, just disconnect the negative lead from the Battery and leave it off for a while. I left mine disconnected overnight but you might not need to leave it that long. have a look at this link to a thread by Matus, it covers the resetting of the ECU in there. Hope this helps.

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=72447

Bluenose1940, does disconnecting the Battery have any effect on anything else ?

Thanks

Paul

http://www.lexusowne...showtopic=72447

Bluenose1940, does disconnecting the Battery have any effect on anything else ?

Hi again Paul, No everything works fine with one exception. You have to reset the 'one-touch' window operation which is really very easy to do. All you have to do is firstly turn the ignition on and go to each window in turn, hold down the switch whilst the window winds down and, whilst it is fully open continue to hold the switch down for 6 seconds, release the switch and then hold the switch up until the window is fully closed and continue to hold the switch up for 6 seconds again. Release the switch and you are back in 'one -touch' mode again. Do this for each window in turn.. Simples!

It would then be worthwhile going back to the link that I gave you earlier (from Matus) regarding 'driving style'

Well I disconnested the Battery and am now getting around 37/38 mpg up from 34/35 mpg around town, not a great increase but an increase none the less. I am slightly concerned that when I am driving on the motorway (60/70 mph with cruise control) this drops to arond 35 mpg again !!!

My car is due for a service this month, is it worth a mention when it goes in or is this somewhere near what other people are getting??

Thanks in advance

Paul

Well I disconnested the battery and am now getting around 37/38 mpg up from 34/35 mpg around town, not a great increase but an increase none the less. I am slightly concerned that when I am driving on the motorway (60/70 mph with cruise control) this drops to arond 35 mpg again !!!

My car is due for a service this month, is it worth a mention when it goes in or is this somewhere near what other people are getting??

Thanks in advance

Paul

If you look at my thread entitled 'Heading off problems at the pass' you will see that following my cleaning of the EGR valve and, a subsequent trip to Lincolnshire I reported returns on motorway driving, at 70mph with cruise control on, of between 55 and 57 mpg, with an overall return of 48.6 mpg. Did you follow the instruction from 'Matus' regarding adjusting 'driving style' after disconnecting the Battery?

Hi, yes I followed the advice but it is only slightly better, it is in for a service next week so will get them to check for anything, could it be 5th injector??

Thanks

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links