Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tire Pressure Warning On Rx400H?

Hi all, just picked up my 400h yesterday, loving it to bits!! Going through the manual, there doesn't seem to be anything about tire pressure monitoring system warning? I know 2006 RX don't have them, but this is a 2009 reg exec Limited Edition. Could anyone please shed a light on this? I even had it on my 05 GS 300! And I wouldn't really feel safe driving it without it...

Many thanks in advance!

Jake

if it's not in the manual then I guess if doesn't have it. The system was fitted to later vehicles in the US, I guess not in the UK.

There are aftermarket options available if you feel that strongly about it, cost around £100 to £150 plus the cost of fitting the sensors in the wheels and rebalancing.

Manually check your tyre pressures. Personally I never trust a system to tell me when my tyres are low. Takes me 10 seconds a wheel to check and I should do it every day but I only manage to do it every 2-3 days.

Manually check your tyre pressures. Personally I never trust a system to tell me when my tyres are low. Takes me 10 seconds a wheel to check and I should do it every day but I only manage to do it every 2-3 days.

Thanks for the reply! Being a new driver, would you mind sharing with me how you check the pressure manually? Is it just by looking? I thought I have to get to the petrol station to check using their free tire pressure test thingy. I am more worried about if I get a puncture on the motorway, without the TPMS, it's impossible to know you are in trouble!

Thanks for the reply! Being a new driver, would you mind sharing with me how you check the pressure manually? Is it just by looking? I thought I have to get to the petrol station to check using their free tire pressure test thingy. I am more worried about if I get a puncture on the motorway, without the TPMS, it's impossible to know you are in trouble!

Buy a tyre pressure gauge from Halfords - it is child's play to use and far more reliable than these in-built options.

However, how come you are now a "new driver", above you refer to " I even had it on my 05 GS 300! And I wouldn't really feel safe driving it without it...

". Seems rather like a contradiction.

If you get a puncture on a motorway, you will not need a tyre pressure gauge, it will look rather flat and the handling will tell you.

Thanks Duncan! I got my GS last month, it was my first ever car! I upgraded to RX 400h last week as I felt the GS wasn't big enough and the RX seems too good of a deal to pass up :)

Thanks for your advice. Will look into that gauge from Halfords.

I got a pen type tyre pressure gauge from eBay for £2 and it also came with a tyre tread depth gauge. Remove valve cap (if unlike me you have some left on the car) press onto valve, read pressure and repeat 3 more times.

link here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280870151539&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links