Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Corroded Alloy - Extended Warranty

Has anyone had a successful claim for corroded alloys with an extended warranty? I have a 57 plate IS220D which I bought just under two years ago. The alloys had been refurbished when I bought it but now some of the finish has come off and they're starting to corrode. There are also some blisters coming through too. This is not down to 'kerbing' as it is between the spokes and they haven't been kerbed. Any help in support of a claim would be much appreciated.

I want to go for it cause I think the restoration they did before they sold me the car was obviously substandard. However, I'm looking for a 'case study' to hit them with. I've also got a couple of interior rattles and buzzes I hope they'll sort out too - before the big head gasket claim! I love the car but am beginning to question the so called Lexus quality and reliability. Traded in a 10 year old Volvo to buy this and inside that looked as good as new when I sold it. Not a buzz or rattle to be heard and the leather was much better!

If the alloys were refurbished before they sold it (assume 'they' is a dealership) they may consider that the refurb was not part of the warranty.

However if you have other issues, I would make a polite fuss and see what the reaction is. I've never understood why there are so many problems with Lexus alloys and even more puzzled why, after a chance to put them right, they still deteriorate.

2007 is not particularly old for a Lexus and you should reasonably expect a good product for your money.

What mileage is it?

Whether you get a case study or not, I would make a firm but polite 'request' that these things be corrected.

My approach has been to always start from a point of politeness and amiability, don't start stamping your feet until they actually refuse.

Good advice^

And I'm fed up with the Lexus alloys too... I've got receipts for 2 wheel Refurbs when I bought my car and they are now in need of a third refurbishment! The car is 12 years old...

I've also read threads on here and other forums about the wheels. Lexus seem happy to replace then/refurb them once under warranty but that's usually under 3 years old. I think you may have a fight on your hands getting them done now but I would try. Also wheels are not part of the 12 year anti corrosion warranty according to my warranty and care book.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links