Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For A 2006-2007 Rx400H - Some Advices Please

Hi guys,

I am currently owning a 2006 IS220d with about 145k kms (90k miles) in its ODO. As I am driving the car 85% in the city I would like to sell it now and I am looking for a 2006-2007 RX400h. As for the IS goes I love the car but I also feel this diesel is not ideal for city driving and there are some expensive parts that might need a change if I drive the car in the city. Plus I also need to mention I drive only about 9-10k miles (15k kms) in a year.

As I had the opportunity to drive the RX for 3 days I already know it is a great car to drive. The IS is beatiful from outside but has hardly enough space inside, the RX is quite the opposite: not really my cup of tea as far the design goes, but plenty of space inside.

I have a few questions to you:

-What I am looking for is a 2006-2007 RX with about 120-150k kms (75-95k miles) in the ODO. Do you think that much a mile is still ok to buy a car?

-Based on what I have read so far the RX might have one big issue which is the inverter. Is this a big risk? I mean is this a commom problem? Are there any other big issues with this car?

-What about the tires? How often do you need to change them?

-The batteries: Based on what I have read so far the batteries are still ok in almost all RX cars. Do you think this is true and that I do not need to worry about this issue?

-Any other advices?

Bonus question:

-I have never really read about this, but do you think that the big Battery could cause some "medical" issues? I mean your kids are sitting on a big bunch of batteries...

Thank you guys.

Ps: Sorry for any possible grammatical mistakes, hope you still understand :)

Hi guys,

I am currently owning a 2006 IS220d with about 145k kms (90k miles) in its ODO. As I am driving the car 85% in the city I would like to sell it now and I am looking for a 2006-2007 RX400h. As for the IS goes I love the car but I also feel this diesel is not ideal for city driving and there are some expensive parts that might need a change if I drive the car in the city. Plus I also need to mention I drive only about 9-10k miles (15k kms) in a year.

As I had the opportunity to drive the RX for 3 days I already know it is a great car to drive. The IS is beatiful from outside but has hardly enough space inside, the RX is quite the opposite: not really my cup of tea as far the design goes, but plenty of space inside.

I have a few questions to you:

-What I am looking for is a 2006-2007 RX with about 120-150k kms (75-95k miles) in the ODO. Do you think that much a mile is still ok to buy a car?

-Based on what I have read so far the RX might have one big issue which is the inverter. Is this a big risk? I mean is this a commom problem? Are there any other big issues with this car?

-The batteries: Based on what I have read so far the batteries are still ok in almost all RX cars. Do you think this is true and that I do not need to worry about this issue?

-Any other advices?

Bonus question:

-I have never really read about this, but do you think that the big battery could cause some "medical" issues? I mean your kids are sitting on a big bunch of batteries...

Thank you guys.

Ps: Sorry for any possible grammatical mistakes, hope you still understand

:)

Not a problem

No, check with a dealer or the vendor that the inverter was replaced if this car was involved in that recall. Otherwise not an issue.

Depends on make and how you drive. In excess of 20,000 miles at least probably more. This assumes that they are balanced and inflated correctly.

No hybrid Battery failures are known here. Lexus would rpobably be sympathetic were you to be the unfortunate first.

-Any other advices?

They are good cars, enjoy

Bonus question:

-I have never really read about this, but do you think that the big Battery could cause some "medical" issues? I mean your kids are sitting on a big bunch of batteries...

Nonsense

Thanks Duncan Roberts for the answer, great to read this. I spent some hours yesterday reading the RX forum here and happy to say found hardly any issues. (Check the IS topic and you will find a lot about the diesel one :( )

The thing that might be interesting for me is the "big service" at 100k when the timing belt needs to be exchanged. How much do you guys think that service costs approximately?

Not sure of the service cost... not been there yet. However, if your intention is to buy from a dealer, ask about a service plan. Your service costs are fixed over an agreed period of time and you pay a fixed monthly amount. Because you commit to go to Lexus, you get roughly 15% discount overall, and because the plan is agreed up front, it is also inflation proof.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links