Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12V Power Supply In Boot Area?

JohnnyPacket

I need to fit another CCTV camera but this time to the rear screen, does anyone have an idea as to where I can get a 12v supply from? In the past I have had vehicles with a cigar lighter socket actually in the boot for fridges etc but the CT200h seems to lack this!

• 2 weeks later...

cost engineering by manufacturers. The lack of socket in the boot is because someone decided not to put one there. Retro fitting an ignition switch contolled power supply there is as cheap as running an extension from your existing socket or as expensive as paying a qualified auto electrician to take your car to pieces in order to run in the feed properly. My guess is that there might be wires in the loom to provide power to heated seats ( even if you dont have them) you might be able to use that feed... you'd probably have to install a relay in order to connect onto the power.

• 8 months later...

I just queried the 12v socket quantity with my local dealer and they have quoted me £100 to install a socket in my glove box as I don't like leaving trailing leads.

Is self installation easy or is it best to get the garage to do it?

I'm pretty competent with electrics, just not car electrics.

You just need to find a local acc/ignition feed and splice into it. You may have to strip trim off though so may need some info on how to remove.

Whichever circuit you splice off, ensure you upgrade fuse if required. It depends on current draw when in operation. Resistance ÷ voltage = current.

• 1 month later...

So, I've figured out how to remove my centre console and gain access to my 12v cigarette socket. It looks like I'm going to have to splice my new socket lead to the original as there is a moulded plastic connector covering the terminals on the underside of the socket.

Will it be as simple as that? (Obviously taking into account ohms law).

How easy/hard is it to wire from the fuse board?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links