Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Causes Of White Smoke From Exhaust

Yeah,i have a pipecleaner type thing,sorry i dont know proper name for it.its what the mrs use to use to clean out my flask!!

I give the pipe a good spray inside it with oven cleaner,leave it half hour then shove the pipecleaner in to scrub it.

Theres never a real lot of muck in that pipe to be fair.

I use the bg244 ,good stuff it is,i normally use a can every 10k miles

Bottle brush?

Zoran, have you ever experienced a throaty sound around the 1750 Rev region when driving? I plan on getting some bg244 on Friday and hope that this will clean the engine up from any deposits that may be making the noise but just wondered if you had, or anyone else had experienced it

No ive never had that,i did have a very slight stuttering/hesitation around the 1700rpm when i first got the car but the bg244 seemed to cure it and quieten the tickover down slightly

Gents, is it a big job to remove and clean the inlet manifold?

Also, whilst I understand what an egr is and how to clean it does the 220 have an "egr cooler" and could they leak engine coolant into the exhaust system?

Hi, I am a complete noob when it comes to this sort of stuff. However when I took the egr off the was no fluid in it so I will say that there is no chance of coolant leakage. As for the inlet manifold I don't know, there is a manifold under the egr but I don't think that is the inlet.

Zoran, just wanted to say that I had solved the issue of the throaty sound. I changed the air filter today and it was pretty nasty, all black and thick with muck. Anyway long story short, took it for a drive and it is quiet and smooth now. Just waiting for the bg244 to turn up and I will be doing that next.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links