Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare Wheel Help Please?

RS Tom-Hundred

I've got a 2000 V reg Altezza but presume this will be the same for the IS200 too? I need some fairly urgent advice on spacesaver spare wheels please as I've just found out I'm probably currently driving around without a spare wheel that will fit?! :shock:

Ive only had the car about a month and while I was maintaining my brakes/painting my calipers and decided to try the space saver I have in the boot, on the rear hub and it wouldn't fit! It seemed to be foaling on the brakes so I couldn't even get it close enough to check the PCD of the studs matching.

It seems to be an original Japanese spacesaver from something as it has Japanese writing also on it but deffo doesnt fit on my Altezza (or not on the rear at least). It's a 15" one and has a Bridgestone Tracompa-3 tyre fitted and the size is T135/70D15

What size should the spacesaver be to fit the Altezza please so I can source a replacement that will fit? And just to double check, is the PCD I need 5x114.3?

Just to add, although Im not the biggest fan of spacesavers, I'd rather stick to that as I keep my tools on top of it and below the boot floor and a full size wheel wouldn't allow this to fit ;)

Cheers

I think mine is T135/70D/17 which is the standard Lexus size, I have a spare one that needs a new tyre (due to perishing not use) if you want it, Free to collect or can courier for the cost of.

The spare wheel should be same size as the one's fitted to car. they are not the thin space saver one's as standard. unless the RS altezza was different to the AS or is200.

Thanks for the input guys :)

Sounds good Steve, I'll have a look into spacesaver tyres and I may be up your way soon or family member might cos I have relatives in Derbyshire so that could work :) Cheers. Where abouts in Derbyshire are you?

Ay up Ian hope you are well.

AFAIK all JDM models only have the spacesavers so Altezza will be the same.

I'm alright mi owd duck... :innocent: I stand corrected mate,

Have found one in a localish breakers from an Avensis that is a 125/70/17 and from digging around the Avensis spacesaver has an offset of ET39. Does this sound like it will do the trick as a temporary spare in emergency? I worked out the rolling radius will be a bit smaller than my 215/45/17 alloys but only 18mm so I think it will be alright for an emergency at less than 50mph :)

I think mine is T135/70D/17 which is the standard Lexus size, I have a spare one that needs a new tyre (due to perishing not use) if you want it, Free to collect or can courier for the cost of.

apologies for being a little off topic, assuming someone is lucky enough not to need to use the spare and it sits in the boot for years, how often would you replace the tyre on it? ie how long do they last unused before going "stale"

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links