Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found on a sale post! (THIS is how to sell your LS?)

'The Lexus LS400 is one of the World's most elegant saloons. In my experience, there is quite simply nothing that matches the reliability, workmanship, comfort and value that a Lexus can give you.
Lexus is not just a brand to me. It is a mind-set. They have a philosophy of doing things right, first time round, and I admire that.
Lexus is still a relatively young brand considering they have only been producing cars for the past 25 years. However, as some of you may know, Lexus is the creation of Toyota and it was there aim back in the early 1970’s to create a brand that was the best of the best.
The first Lexus that was launched was the LS400 back in 1989. This was the end result of nearly 20 years of research, time and thought that went into the creation of the first Lexus.
There are a lot of interesting facts regarding the LS that many people are unaware of. One thing is for sure, Lexus went out of their way to create a luxury car and I will briefly explain a few out of the many reasons why.
For example, during the creation of the engine for the LS400, Lexus called in Yamaha to acoustically tune the engine note of the original LS. To show how refined and well-tuned the LS400 was, as a demonstration to customers, Lexus would fill a glass of wine and place it on top of the engine. Then someone in the driver’s seat would start the car and then rev the engine, even to its peak, and throughout the process the glass of wine would simply not spill. Amazingly, Lexus still stand by this.
Believe it or not, the LS’s 1UZ-FE V8 engine (the 4.0L V8) has a six-bolt main and is the only automotive engine of the era to be FAA rated. That means it’s so durable, the Federal Aviation Administration in the United States of America says you can put one in an aeroplane, no problem. And people have done it.
The leather used to upholster Lexus seats is made from the hides of cows that are kept without the use of barbed wire, to ensure perfect quality.
During production, the Lexus LS received more coats of paint than a Rolls Royce of the same age. In fact, Lexus paint inspectors are required to pass an examination of their skills four times a year to continue working on the line.
When it comes to the smallest and finest of details, during the development of the original LS, one team member was assigned to ensure the feel of each and every button and switch was perfect. He carried around three sets of fake nails to ensure buttons were suitable for all types of customers. This was unheard of then, and still is now.'
  • Like 3

There's a thread on this advert, assuming it's the 8 grand, 20 odd thousand miler on eBay?

He upped it to 9 for a short while, then dropped it back.

As you say, it's a cracking advert, with loads of good quality pics to back it up.

There's a thread on this advert, assuming it's the 8 grand, 20 odd thousand miler on ebay?

As you say, it's a cracking advert, with loads of good quality pics to back it up.

Look and learn all those Wallys that stick half a dozen words all of which are miss spelt and an upside down fuzzy picture of a car that's a different colour to one hes actually selling but looks almost the same.

They say you cant have more than 100% but Jim Marshall made amps that went to 11 and this guy has gone to 101% for all the effort put into that advert and all the pictures.

I hope he gets what hes asking for it or near as we all benefit from cars like this being sold as it ups the value of our cars thats how the market sets itself. Mike

There's a thread on this advert, assuming it's the 8 grand, 20 odd thousand miler on ebay?

Look and learn all those Wallys that stick half a dozen words all of which are miss spelt and an upside down fuzzy picture of a car that's a different colour to one hes actually selling but looks almost the same.

They say you cant have more than 100% but Jim Marshall made amps that went to 11 and this guy has gone to 101% for all the effort put into that advert and all the pictures.

I hope he gets what hes asking for it or near as we all benefit from cars like this being sold as it ups the value of our cars thats how the market sets itself. Mike

That reminds me of an episode of storage hunters, where a bloke bid on a storage locker containing Marshall amps.

He was all excited when he saw them, and remarked on them having eleven over the controls, only to be a tad deflated when they turned out to be fridges!!

Only in America eh?

• Like 1

I think professionals use a polishing mop which has cutting compound on it to cut paint back.

I have had this done on a red car I had which was prone to fading (going pink ...) and it brought it back to bright red. Professionals are good at this but I think it is easy to damage the paint if you are not experienced at this.

T-Cut will take a very thin layer off the paint but there are cutting compounds that will take a bit more off - they come in different levels of coarseness. I have used some before - Farecla are a well known make.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links