Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The full brochure will be released in late September for the full October launch. I've only got the brochure that was distributed to the US/UK/Japan dealers. Nothing much in there apart from glossy pictures and dimensions etc. The brochure with the price list was TBC and it's been confirmed anyway by someone at Brussels HQ.

The full brochure will be released in late September for the full October launch. I've only got the brochure that was distributed to the US/UK/Japan dealers. Nothing much in there apart from glossy pictures and dimensions etc. The brochure with the price list was TBC and it's been confirmed anyway by someone at Brussels HQ.

OK good to know cheers.

Yeah by the way , those wheels on the Luxury spec will be available as a no cost option on the Premier but not on the F Sport.

Damn..... One thing keeps coming back to me and it's that price! Id pay up to £60k for new F Sport but £70k is £10k more!!!

I've just paid £15k in fees and accommodation for my son at Uni too last year!! Got another 4 years of that to pay :/

Essentially that means I'm probably getting an ex demo

I feel sorry for you re University fees/accommodation. When I attended it was free, apart from living fees. How things change eh? I've got it all to come😒

Theres no way I'm paying £70k+!

Difficult to justify that kind of spend. It will have to handle incredibly well, or my hard-earned are going on a low mileage Porsche Macan Turbo, which is a shame, but there it is.

Hopefully it will handle incredibly well, but then a 7.0 secs 0-60 looks pedestrian against 4.3 secs in the Porsche.

Come on Lexus - think this one through...

Well, as a Lexus RCF owner I disagree...

Comparing a compact SUV with an SUV is reasonable in my opinion. Comparing an NSX with an SUV in my opinion is - quote - "just bloody stupid".

Having owned two RX450h vehicles previously, they torque-steer horribly under hard acceleration from a standstill (replicating junctions / traffic lights etc.), and handle like a pig, although relatively comfortably in a straight line (especially on air suspension). If Lexus get it right with the new model I'd be very happy; I enjoy the driving experience, and that's where we've been sold a little short previously. The Porsche delivers there in spades.

Also, IMHO / from personal experience, the Macan out-handles the Cayenne by some distance as a function of physics and smart engineering, and I'd be pleasantly surprised if the new RX even approaches the Macan dynamically.

Hmm torque steer is no worse than the NX. Even then, it's only when you're pelting it on the motorway or something. Hasn't really been an issue for me, Im used to cars with very heavy steering so its no problem for me to hold onto the steering wheel a little tighter.

Lexus employees already been to Austria and agree the new RX is miles ahead dynamically compared to the 3rd gen. Quality of the interior is on par with RR. Should be good to see for myself but I doubt they'd just make that up and disappoint customers.

The 200t is an interesting proposition. Should be plenty quick at 8-ish seconds and that torque figure is identical to the RX350 so will feel quicker. Add weight savings and a cheaper price and it may even be the pick of the range?

Hi Rayaan,

hope you're well :) . Re. above, Bodmeister was actually talking about the NSX (being able to beat nearly every Porsche...) - the comment wasn't related to the NX, just to clear that up so we don't wander too far from thread intent.

Best regards - Mark.

I went from a RX to a Cayenne. Driving dynamics wise the Cayenne is leagues ahead. It is incredibly accomplished - I dare so more than the Macan (which as wonderful as it is it felt like they didn't want to make it better than the Cayenne :) )

Anyway, the RX though for me at least is all about the comfort. The waft-ability. The 'travelling sofa' experience. This the Cayenne/Macan don't have. It's not a failure, it's just they are for different people :)

However...the new one at £70k. Err no. It's a great car but not at that money. If I HAD to spend that kind of cash, it would be going to Porsche...

Normski - I think you've summed it up there nicely. I thought the Macan rode beautifully on air suspension / PASM, but indeed, the RX has bags of comfy 'waft-ability. :)

Normski - I think you've summed it up there nicely. I thought the Macan rode beautifully on air suspension / PASM, but indeed, the RX has bags of comfy 'waft-ability. :)

Well £70k is the top of the range Premier though so other versions are going to be cheaper. Im predicting the Luxury version to be about £60k.

However, I wonder what the 200t pricing will be! NX200t is slightly more expensive than the 300h, due to more performance I think. The RX450h has more performance than a 200t so Id expect the 200t to be about £3-5k cheaper

I guess you could go to Porsche but no Porsche SUV looks as good as that RX - period! Actually, I think its the best looking SUV in the segment - bags of presence!

• Like 1

Just received some pics of a Japanese brochure of the 4RX from my insider.

The RX200T has 235hp and 350 nm of torque. AWD is rated at 11km/l so expect about 31 UK mpg.

RX450H is coming with a new 3.5l engine named 2GR-FXS. The engine pumps out 259hp and 335nm of torque. This is up from current 235hp and 317nm. Combined output is 312hp which is up from 295 hp currently.

Fuel economy figures are up from 17.4 to 17.6km/l. Expect a slight increase in fuel economy.

The premier wheels has customizable spokes with grey, blue, white and brown options. The HUD shows speed, nav, audio, adaptive cruise control settings etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwHIlq2NRho

Nice selection of videos of an RX450h in Sonic Titanium and the other is a 200t F-Sport with RHD Interior shots. Interior definitely looks great in terms of fit and finish!

It's definately growing on me Rayaan, I love the red leather, are there any more interior colour choices ?

also the indicators are a nice touch & it's nice to see the spare wheel in the boot now where it should be .... it's a shame the sunroof isn't standard anymore though ...

One of the things I do miss (on the Shogun) is the variable electronic suspension, are there any new changes on the Rx suspension set-up ? ...

• Like 1

As far as Im aware - interior options for the F-Sport are Black, Red and *white*(this one may not come to the UK though)

Of course, on other models you can choose a new shade of grey called Moonstone, Brown, Beige and Black :)

The RX450H has always had a spare wheel in the boot - mine does anyway.

I dont think there are any massive changes to the suspension but its basically an evolution - ie you get adaptive dampers now and F-Sport gets the active stabilizer for flat cornering.

If you take a good look at the spec sheet (Japanese anyone?) its being compared to an X5 Xdrive 35d!

Appears there is now a sunglasses holder. Cupholder from the drivers side has been removed and replaced with buttons and a small storage area. There is a picture referring to the glovebox and armrest cubby - are they cooled perhaps?!

80-img_1775_1d6402882c65a52614de7c62a6e5

80-img_1776_f7b8a31de30994e6a2760adffba8

80-img_1777_0c3e831e0d247b64c64279fba60c

80-img_1778_568c4dab4d71e3a4d3d173c64f83

80-img_1779_265b650cf8dc55c26836a8e9bb2c

80-img_1781_b60324a2820b78353d277f3b9c60

80-img_1783_d7a0ee1ea22d9f6fea65281d2d4b

80-img_1788_1__ee8ce3f86f6d5a4a5c51de0d2

80-img_1788_048a2859132fa46ffc815c1b8e60

80-img_1792_2ba68b985bbaaa0b12133db02f8c

80-img_1785_47b1013b7618640bffae20fb1516

80-img_1786_1cc36a5ee28496e5cd717975a50a

80-img_1787_87306973df766e1bcc648fd7ba3e

80-img_1794_6ae97b4df8ba0be0732dcb953fff

• Like 2

Most of this this stuff is ripped off from the Clublexus.com forum.

well you see, the original poster is from Japan and he has given me most of the information to use. Other information comes from Lexus financial employee in the UK which gave me information on the cars in Austria.

I can't see how its an issue to post these here - some people dont go on Clublexus as its primarily a US owners club

• Like 1

I don't see how it matters where the content that forms the basis of discussion originates from, IMO.

The comments mainly have matters with a UK aspect to them; pricing, options etc... So think they deserve a place here, in good old Blighty! ;)

• Like 1

2016 Lexus RX will make its European debut in the Frankfurt Motor Show along with the refreshed Lexus GS.

Other SUV's to watch out for include the Jaguar F-Pace, Bentley Bentagya and Maserati Levante

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links