Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When the RX hits showrooms Lexus will make sure there are so few of them that it creates the illusion of great demand. There are bound to be some who are disappointed at not being able to get hold of one, and that allows dealers to sell on ex-demo models at pretty much new prices. After all, if you are told you will have to wait 6 months or more for a new car, and you are that desperate to own one, the ex-demo may be a more attractive proposition. After a couple of months the small number of people willing to pay new prices for used cars is exhausted, and then Lexus dealers have to start lowering their forecourt prices in order to shift them. That's the time to buy. Alternatively, wait a little longer and buy privately from somebody who doesn't like the car, or who buys it as a fashion accessory, then sell's it when the novelty wears off, and a newer trendier model takes it place. Always a few of them!!

• Like 1

Excellent Lee . I'm going to give the NX to my wife. She does town driving mostly. And she loves the removable mirror!

If I can't find anything , I will just get a boggo Focus to run round in until a deal comes up. The Porsche dealer is still peddling a ridiculous deal on a Turbo S. Bit too much for me but mega deals are out there.

Hmm ok so Lexus Scotland have just told me the price of an RX200t is £39995 and RX450H starts at £44995!!!!?!?!

They answered my post on Facebook. Everyone van see it so I highly doubt theyre making figures up

Lee that's good advice actually. Just grabbed a 2 year old IS300H F Sport with 10k miles on it in White with Red leather and premium nav for £24k!!! Lmao that cost someone nearly £40k when it came out

That'll be the current 450h + some marketing social media muppet @ Lexus, then....!

They also just said the RX450H F Sport will be £52995 after a conference on Friday. The current RX is £500 less for every model and of course the RX200T doesn't exist for the current generation. £52995 would certaonly be impressive - regardless, I think I'll grab a demo in 3-6 months. First ones are coming in January according to them

Typical American review, just waffle on for ages about the various models, and then not drive any of them. It's a striking looking vehicle, and it looks huge in the video. I saw some new photos of the Jaguar F Pace yesterday, and that's bound to hit sales of BMW, Audi and Lexus small/medium SUV's , especially with a predicted starting price of £30-£35k for the 2.0L Ingenium engine, and the 3.0L Supercharged V6 at around £50k. You could go all out with the options list, and still come in considerably cheaper than an RX Premier. JLR may still have build and reliability issues, but that hasn't stopped the Evoque being hugely successful. I imagine there will be queues outside the dealerships for Jaguar's first SUV, Two more models on the cards too, the Evoque sized E Pace, and the Range Rover Sport sized J Pace. Time for the Germans and Japanese to start worrying maybe??

Typical American review, just waffle on for ages about the various models, and then not drive any of them. It's a striking looking vehicle, and it looks huge in the video. I saw some new photos of the Jaguar F Pace yesterday, and that's bound to hit sales of BMW, Audi and Lexus small/medium SUV's , especially with a predicted starting price of £30-£35k for the 2.0L Ingenium engine, and the 3.0L Supercharged V6 at around £50k. You could go all out with the options list, and still come in considerably cheaper than an RX Premier. JLR may still have build and reliability issues, but that hasn't stopped the Evoque being hugely successful. I imagine there will be queues outside the dealerships for Jaguar's first SUV, Two more models on the cards too, the Evoque sized E Pace, and the Range Rover Sport sized J Pace. Time for the Germans and Japanese to start worrying maybe??

Apples to oranges mate. F Pace is considerably smaller than the new RX. It's about the same size as NX and it'll be starting at £35 - £39k so it'll be more expensive than the NX when loaded. If its coming with the same quality of cabin as the XE (which it seems to be from the spyshots), I wouldn't consider it as the NX cabin quality is very good in comparison.

Besides, Jaguar's should be cheaper - no import duties or anything like that for them

JLR still have issues which is off-putting. I have a friend with an Evoque, literally said he regretted it, not because of the drive or anything like that but the fact that it always had things going wrong with it. The good thing is, he sold it for only £3k less than he paid for it after 2 years. Anyways - another one:

Yes, pricing is still to be announced, but even starting at £35k for the base model, it is still £10k cheaper than the NX Premier. You could probably spec the F Pace up to an equal or higher level than the NX with that £10k, because it's unlikely to have the same stupid options list marketing strategy that Lexus have used for the NX. I think the new RX is an amazing looking vehicle, and the build quality and reliability will doubtless be top notch. However, after owning the NX, it will have to be very very good indeed to persuade me to stay loyal. Unfortunately for Lexus, the Jaguar name carries a lot of weight, and I suspect many customers will be prepared to pay for that alone. It's not a threat to the larger RX, but if they get it right, the J Pace may be.

Yes, pricing is still to be announced, but even starting at £35k for the base model, it is still £10k cheaper than the NX Premier. You could probably spec the F Pace up to an equal or higher level than the NX with that £10k, because it's unlikely to have the same stupid options list marketing strategy that Lexus have used for the NX. I think the new RX is an amazing looking vehicle, and the build quality and reliability will doubtless be top notch. However, after owning the NX, it will have to be very very good indeed to persuade me to stay loyal. Unfortunately for Lexus, the Jaguar name carries a lot of weight, and I suspect many customers will be prepared to pay for that alone. It's not a threat to the larger RX, but if they get it right, the J Pace may be.

Not too sure - for a company with almost a century of heritage Jaguar is still lacking. Lexus is just over 25 years old so they're doing pretty well, all things considering. Jaguar works out quite expensive, I specified an XE R Sport and it was about the same as the IS. However, when you consider the Jag is petrol only, and the IS is a hybrid which costs more to produce and has a better quality interior, it makes sense.

As the for NX spec options, they are odd but Lexus seems to add different options and trims each year which I think the NX will probably get. For example, the RX F-Sport was available with only black interior in 2012, in 2013 they added the red interior option as well as the Advance model and TPMS became standard fit so I think the NX may get that sort of treatment too.

£35k would be for a base model though, the top of the range model will be atleast £45k with the high performance engine being £50k+

The XE is a nice looking car, but the rear is far too cramped. Apart from that, having had 4 Jaguars that were all unreliable, I wouldn't rush back to the brand. A lot of the materials used look good, but on closer examination turn out to be poor quality. Not what you expect when paying that kind of money.

Rayaan, I've just seen the comments on the Lexus Scotland Facebook page. £39995 for a RX200t seems to be good value even if it's poverty spec.

Either this is complete BS from them ( considering NX200t F-Sport is very close to that price), or its true or whoever updates the page is on drugs!

Rayaan, I've just seen the comments on the Lexus Scotland Facebook page. £39995 for a RX200t seems to be good value even if it's poverty spec.

Either this is complete BS from them ( considering NX200t F-Sport is very close to that price), or its true or whoever updates the page is on drugs!

Yes it is. Worth noting that the F sport NX is close but RX200T is most likely SE spec at £40k with F Sport probably about £47k.

The 450h is starting at £45k so that will be the SE too and F Sport is £53k according to them. I doubt they'd give a dodgy price.

Any chance the £70k Leeds price is an extended wheelbase version that Japan is getting?

The extended version , the TX, wont be available till December 16, so I don't think they are quoting for that.

No offence to Lexus Scotland but, they have the price wrong ( otherwise I look like a tit) . Thats my opinion according to the info I've received.

The extended version , the TX, wont be available till December 16, so I don't think they are quoting for that.

No offence to Lexus Scotland but, they have the price wrong ( otherwise I look like a tit) . Thats my opinion according to the info I've received.

Although to be fair Lexus Scotland said the RC 300H has exhaust tips lol. I've never seen a Lexus hybrid with visible exhausts!

The 400h has a visible exhaust tip ;)

I cannot believe the RX will start at £40k. They will have to alter the NX pricing if it is true. Currently the NX petrol is listed as more expensive compared to the hybrid and here we are suggesting the RX petrol will be £5k less.

The 400h has a visible exhaust tip ;)

I cannot believe the RX will start at £40k. They will have to alter the NX pricing if it is true. Currently the NX petrol is listed as more expensive compared to the hybrid and here we are suggesting the RX petrol will be £5k less.

But Lexus pricing seems to be based on performance for the NX. Example - NX200T is faster and costs more. RX200t will be slower than the 450h so should be cheaper. A £40k RX would most likely be an SE version with higher grades being more expensive but itd be a good way to take sales.

If you think logically, an RX200T would make zero sense at an equivalent or higher price to the 450h. It'll be slower and will guzzle more fuel and have greater road tax so putting a premium on it would mean no sales whatsoever. With the proposed pricing, private buyers who don't drive much may opt for the 200t to save some cash from the beginning

I'm reading the speculation on pricing with interest. From what I've read Lexus won't be releasing details until closer to launch date, so I'm wondering whether some of this is deliberate misinformation originating from Lexus, so that when (and if) the prices are lower than expected, buyers are more likely to place an order, happy that the vehicle they want is less than they were expecting. Another possibility is that they wait to see how many pre-launch orders are received, and then base the prices on the maximum that they think they can get away with. So, if the order books are virtually empty, the price is likely to be set lower. Of course the risk there is you wait for pricing before placing an order, and then find all allocated vehicles have already been sold, and there's a long wait time. Either way, the only winners are the manufacturers and dealers. I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't put any marketing tricks past big companies.

I'm reading the speculation on pricing with interest. From what I've read Lexus won't be releasing details until closer to launch date, so I'm wondering whether some of this is deliberate misinformation originating from Lexus, so that when (and if) the prices are lower than expected, buyers are more likely to place an order, happy that the vehicle they want is less than they were expecting. Another possibility is that they wait to see how many pre-launch orders are received, and then base the prices on the maximum that they think they can get away with. So, if the order books are virtually empty, the price is likely to be set lower. Of course the risk there is you wait for pricing before placing an order, and then find all allocated vehicles have already been sold, and there's a long wait time. Either way, the only winners are the manufacturers and dealers. I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't put any marketing tricks past big companies.

Orders are being taken in October so I think they'll release the price on, or soon after the 15th of September

Yeah I saw that as well. Well I look like a tit! This is going to wipe out the sales of the NX turbo. Just bizarre. I'm assuming this is the s/se version.

Im not too sure, they appeal to different people due to the massive size of the RX. It's literally the same size as the updated Q7 now.

The RX200T is starting from SE grade, no cloth seats so no S version I think.

So, as Lexus Scotland was spot on with their 200t price, I think it's safe to assume that their £52995 figure for the RX450h F Sport holds true. That's £1000 more than now but I believe it's good value as it seems to be cheaper than nearly every large SUV out there.

Having said that, £52995 + £610 (metallic paint) + £1000 (ML) + £1000 or so for the pan roof = £55605. All I can see is 6 month old demo and 5000 miles later it's going to be £43k

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links