Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Spoke to my Lexus Dealer about getting accessories for the car; rear bumper protector strip and a vertical cargo net were the first two. The response was that neither were listed for my car's VIN though I knew they were produced for the third series GS.

It appears that Lexus have an interesting approach to parts/accessories because the rear bumper protector strip, according to Lexus, only fits the GS300/350 up to 2005, and the GS cargo net is only for cars up to January 2008, tho' perhaps not the 450h?

I am curious as to why Lexus do this. I bought the protector strip as I figured Lexus hadn't created a wholly brand new rear bumper design for the 450 - and they hadn't, the strip was a perfect fit.

Same for the cargo net, which I bought from a Lexus Dealer in the USA as, inc. shipping, it proved cheaper than trying to buy one in the UK. Fitted it this morning with no trouble at all.

The big one I was nervous about going for was the integrated DAB accessory at circa £500 fitted, so I didn't.

Lexus tell me it doesn't fit the GS450h, but on lexus tech-eu the accessory information and fitting instructions show that it does......

Lexus parts and accessories numbering/fitment info is a mysterious thing :) Is this is same for all Lexus models I wonder?

'fraid it's not for the bumper corners; the strip protects the bumper ledge below the loading area which can get hammered from loads being rested on or dropped on it

Michael, have a search on the U.S. Lexus dealer sites and see if they do international shipping. I got a bumper strip, door edge protectors and some other items from a dealer who shipped them here.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links