Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would like to share with you an unfortunate incident that involved flaking chrome. On my 2005 LS430 it proved to have very sharp edges.

My girlfriend is currently using my Lexus. Thursday she emailed me the following:

I don't think your car likes me ... it bit me today! I have 4 sliced fingers as a result :(

There was a bit of lifted metal/chrome on the door. When I went to close the door I put my hand on it and it ran across all fingers.

Luckily she promptly received First Aid - mop up, disinfectant, plasters - and the cuts are healing nicely now (it happened 4days ago).

Finally, here is a montage of the appropriate photos...

attachicon.gifOllex door chrome cut fingers.jpg

You're facing forwards, looking at the meeting point of the back of driver's door and front of rear passenger's door.

The backstop of the chrome strip, atop the driver's door, is chromed plastic.

The yellow double-ended arrow is pointing at a rolled up blade of chrome that's still attached (enlarged in oval insert). There had been several more, at least one of which swiftly sliced four fingers (insert: the lacerations, which apparently hurt).

HI

You are missing a chrome cap which covers that sharp bit.

mine looks like this:

DSC_0115_zpszrhlj6ac.jpg

Sorry, silver paint will hardly prevent peeling chrome. Happily your door trim looks safe.

To all chrome-trimmed LS-owner/drivers: beware the lurking danger - catch it before it catches you... :)

lol true

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links