Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bluetooth Compatibility

willydoit

Hi all,

Have just purchased 2006 sc430, one of the reasons for going for a later car was I wanted Bluetooth. I am collecting the car tomorrow and ws looking for info on how to set up Bluetooth with my phone only to find a lot of people saying that Bluetooth connectivity is pretty poor on the sc430.

I probably dont call more than half a dozen numbers so requirements are basic but wanted to know if anyone had got Bluetooth working with a motorola moto g phone on the vodaphone network? I assumed all Bluetooth phones would work but that doesnt seem to be the case. Would be interested to hear of users experience in getting Bluetooth to work on the sc430.

Thanks in advance.

Well I used it in the new style GS430 with several handsets and the RX300 without any problems. I can't really remember using the standard Bluetooth much in the SC as I swapped the head unit for an Alpine double din and I use the connectivity from that. It can even play music via Bluetooth and I think sometime people compare 2015 connectivity options to 2004.

Hi Neil,

Thanks for that, I have tried using the moto G with the sc430 and thought everything was going to be fine as the phone paired, however if a number is dialled via the car although the sc430 activates the speaker no audio is transferred from the phone. i have done some research on the net to find that there are lots of people complaining that their android phones no longer work with their vehicles since the last lollipop update. Many having the same symptoms as I am having. It has been some time since the update but Apparently no additional update has been released by google to resolve the issue.

I think I will start a new thread asking for people to advise what phones they are using and with what level of success. From a safety point of view I would like to get Bluetooth working even if I have to buy a different phone on pay as you go. Only the office and immediate family contact me by mobile so a seperate number for the car wouldnt be too big a problem just so long as it works reliably.

Telephones take up too much of my life already. I don't use them in the car that much as work H and S policy has prohibited it for some time but Nokia/Microsoft and iphones seemed okay.

I must admit I find it quite amusing when the latest updates can't do what the old technology could. I see it all the time. A rush to release without proper testing or just a total disregard for what's gone before.

Telephones take up too much of my life already. I don't use them in the car that much as work H and S policy has prohibited it for some time but Nokia/Microsoft and iphones seemed okay.

I must admit I find it quite amusing when the latest updates can't do what the old technology could. I see it all the time. A rush to release without proper testing or just a total disregard for what's gone before.

My daughter turned up today and we tried pairing her Sony android phone, worked perfectly, however it was noticed that she hadn't updated her phone to android 5.x still running 4. Something which is probably why it worked fine. Lots of complaints over phones no longer pairing properly after last android update.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links