Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Originally posted by GCHQAgent
GCHQAgent
What I am hoping to do is use a laptop and write a piece of software that will interface with the Lexus' stereo and pretend to be a CD changer (with directories being CDs and files being tracks). The MP3s will be stored on hard disk.

How's it going?

Haven't gotten round to looking at the MP3 stuff yet - I've spent most of my time playing with the sat nav unit to see if I can get a composite signal for DVD into it - I haven't been able to. Spoke to Lexus, they said it is absolutely not possible without their help and they don't want to do it for legal reasons so no luck there. Aparently the two issues are 1) the stock screen uses a non-standard number of pixels and 2) the video signal is a single wire which carries a proprietary multiplexed signal (is this true 'cos it looks like Pioneer RGB)

Anyway, I've given up on the sat nav stuff and will soon begin playing around with the MP3 stuff - will let everyone know if/when I'm sucessful.

-Emrul

you are correct mate it can not be done i have tryed on ls430,rx,ls400mrk4 and i had no luck i that what i do for a living:?:

i can get a fuzzy pic but not somthing you can whatch

the mp3 that ou need is is an m station it work via the fm side of your stero and is hard wired to help with quality

the other solutio is to use an fm modulator for your portable mp3 players

if you need one get in touch :)

Originally posted by Rodders_UK

According to Halford, the company that makes the MStation has gone bust, and they're not allowed to even sell the units that they've got.:(

No thats not true thats just halford cant get so they tell you it gone bust they are still avaliable under a diferent name

dont go in Halfords they have nice displays and nice uniform but they know as much about cars as i know how to spell

u no wat i meeen

if you have any questions on ice send me a 2u2 message i do sod all all day so i can class this as work :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Lads & Lassies. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Today (or should that be yesterday) my antique LS400 recieved a "Nice New Toy for the Old Fart to play with". (Quote from wife, may she never look inside the wallet). :wow:

New Toy is in the shape of a

JVC KD-SH99R :smilegrin: :smilegrin:

This superb head unit not only plays MP3's, but also allows you to use 2 seprate external inputs. One of the inputs is from a standard jack plug into a socket on the face panel. The other is on a lead behind the head.

To try the unit out I used a cd which I had burned a couple of nights ago.

13 directories 154 FILES.

All directories were "Named", and all files were given "Title" "Artist" "Album".

These were also burned onto the cd using CD-TEXT. This resulted in a scrolling display of all the information.

As the files were a mixture of Drum & Base, Hard House, Trance, Chill-Out etc. The total was 672mgb.

This ONE cd lasted from Edinburgh to Birmingham And back and still had not started to repeat itself. :D

(Question)? Do I Have The Oldest LS400 In The Club???

It's A Vintage 1992. Unlike myself :( (A Well Matured 1939). :eyes:

Doing Great Work With The Site!!! ;)

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

WOW1939 vintage and listening to

drum and bass,hard house

big respect,aye

:) So now you know that if you hear a little bit of volume coming from a car & there are no "puggies or Novas" in sight, but there's an LS400 being driven by an old fart:- give us a wave :saint:

A lot of the music is ripped from 50's & 60's tunes anyway :wow:.

Even Kinobe admitted that the "HooK" for "Are You Sitting Comfortably" was ripped from an old Engelbert Humperdink song.

I even enjoy doing a bit of ripping & mixing myself. (Automix is one of my favourite mixing progs).

Good luck to all in the club and may we all meet up at some point!

Jimbo (Going for Gold)..:smilegrin:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links