Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Unable To Unlock Boot On Lexus Ls430

Hi all.

I can no longer open my Boot on my LS430. I was having trouble with closing it for a while and now it refuses to open. I attempted to use my key manually in the Boots key hole but at first I could not get the key in but after using some 3in1 oil it now goes in to nicely but will not turn either way. can any suggest any other method to get into my boot ? I have checked the obvious like fuses ect

It would seem that if you were having trouble previously the mechanism could be kaput. As far as I know the same fuse is used for the fuel cap flap, so if that works you can rule out the fuse (which you've done) Have a look on the US forum where there are some posts regarding the boot, although you'll need to google "trunk". Have you tried disconnecting the Battery for a while to see if it re sets the lock?

BTW, welcome to the LOC!

Thank you for your reply Phil. I will try disconnecting the Battery and see if that helps and if that does not work will take a look at on the US forum. one thing you maybe able to help me with Phil is which way does the key turn in the boot lock ?? not sure which way I should be turning it

Thank you for your reply Phil. I will try disconnecting the battery and see if that helps and if that does not work will take a look at on the US forum. one thing you maybe able to help me with Phil is which way does the key turn in the boot lock ?? not sure which way I should be turning it

I've never used the key but I'll check in the morning, unless someone else tells you in the meantime. I believe it only turns very slightly. I'd be surprised if it wasn't clockwise though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links