Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got in car this morning to come home from work,always start car about 5 minutes before when i set off

car was making a binging noise for about a minute no warning lights on the dash at all. Similar sound to

no seatbelt.

No doors open been out to car this morning nothing loose under bonnet, started car no noise what so ever tried all heater settings and seats

every thing seem ok. It was nippy when i left do they have a warning when it gets below a certain temperature.

This will be more often than not be caused by something being placed on the passenger seat. The sensor will sense a weight on the seat and if it does not see the seat belt having been applied then it will issue the warning 'Binging noise'

It will need to have been heavy enough to set the sensor off.

Check your parking sensors on the bumpers - is anything stuck over them or getting in their way (just a thought)

I would still be inclined to think its your passenger seat... all other indicators that warn you of boot open / bonnet open / doors open etc flash as a visual warning on the LED instrument cluster.

Check next time it happens as there will be a red light flashing on the instrument cluster telling you to buckle up (small red indicator - top left I think?) To identify its not the seat sensor then drive around with it beeping for a few minutes, the tone should change to a quicker beep indicating to you to belt up. If it doesn't do this then you can rule this out

The button/switch on the right of the steering lets you turn the parking sensors off/on and adjust some instrument panel settings

always start car about 5 minutes before when i set off

Why do you do this? I'm sure that Lexus (like just about every other manufacturer) recommend that you should just start the car when you are ready to drive it. It's not like the old days, where a car needed to warm up before you drove it.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links