Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h Premium Sat Nav - Whats The Latest Firmware Version -

The map version is different to the software version and found on the SD card in little slot in the front of the media unit. If you pop it out and have better eye sight than me you can read it on the card. The software version for the infotainment etc is found in the menu somewhere, can't remember where exactly.

My IS 300 still has the multimedia software version that was installed when I bought the car in March 2014. It's due to be serviced in the next month so I'll be asking them to update it to the latest version. I've just checked and I'm running version VC03101F, which seems to be at odds with many others who've contributed to this post.

I've been on the Customer Portal and discovered there's a free update but can't download it because the portal is rubbish. I'm going to ring my dealer tomorrow (Lexus Nottingham) and see what they can tell me about the latest version.

Whilst checking this I also looked at the Gracenote version installed and was staggered to see it listed as version 05642, dated 01.01.1990! I can only imagine this is the date the software was originally written as I find it inconceivable that I'd have 25 year old software installed in my 2014 car?

I have just checked my versions. My car was first registered on 23/12/2013.

My Gracenote Version is as Robert states at post 28 above - 05642

The software version is showing as VC03101G I have a feeling that this may be the latest version but I'm not 100% certain. Anyone know if this info is available on the main Lexus site?

I can't help with the sat nav as I don't have the premium but Gracenote is showing as V05377, thats on a 4 month old car so I would expect it to be pretty up to date .......but then again.

CORRECTION on my comment about the Lexus Portal:

I got a call from Lexus technical after I'd posted on this forum and emailed them via the portal to advise of a problem trying to download the free maps update and established that the problem is in fact with Internet Explorer v.11. The download works fine if I use Chrome or Safari but not if I use IE, so it was NOT the portal that was at fault.

I thought it only right to make this clear as I had blamed the portal for being the problem. I suggested to the Lexus technical guy that until they fix the IE problem they should add a note on the portal advising that owners use Safari or Chrome rather than IE.

Fair point David - I probably should have known better than rely on the wonder of Windows. Schoolboy error! :whistling:

I wonder if it will work with Edge, the new browser from Redmond?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links