Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Frozen Nav Screen

Have to say, as a relatively new Lexus owner, that the recent complaints about the dealers are starting to sound a little concerning.

There seem to be similarities to some aspects of them which coincide with an experience I had earlier in the year at Woodford (funnily enough).

The two annual services I have had done there at weekends had gone well and their customer service was what I had expected from Lexus.

However when I had the recent fan recall work done the experience was far from perfect.

I had organised to get the job done a long time in advance and was told it couldn't be completed over a weekend because of the time required.

This was understandable, but a bit of a pain as its not the most convenient place for me get too anyway and it meant I would be travelling on the M25 etc in rush hour.

That said the journey wasn't too bad, I was there before the garage opened, dropped the car off and went to work on the tube.

Got a call later in the day to tell me the car could be picked up, but I would have to bring it back because they didn't have the parts/tools and these would take about a day to arrive.

I expressed my disappointment that there had been no mention of the need for more than one visit when I had originally organised it; their response was not particularly apologetic.

It seemed daft to collect the car to have to return it a couple of days later so I arranged to leave the car with them and then finally picked it up when the work was completed a couple of days later.

I was surprised, being a recall, that they had not been able to order the parts/tools for the job in advance or at the very least been proactive in explaining how long the work would require.

Obviously thinking the job would be done in a day I hadn't organised a courtesy car either. This is just not the level of customer service I would expect.

An unrelated issue, but which occurred on this same visit finished off my less than perfect impression of the garage.

Being pretty unfamiliar with this dealership I asked where the car would be stored / will it have to be driven etc while waiting for the parts to arrive.

I was told that once it was in the workshop / inspected it would remain their until the recall work was completed and only be driven between the workshop / forecourt.

I always make a note of my mileage when leaving the car with a garage because I have had issues in the past with unexplained increases in mileage.

It was of particular relevance on this visit because the RCF had arrived just days before and I was concerned that there might be a natural temptation to want compare it to the ISF.

On arriving to pick up my car, sure enough, I found that their was some 20+ miles increase in the mileage.

I quizzed the service department who seemed genuinely concerned and went so far as to send me pictures of their job sheet record showing the mileage.

Perhaps I had made a mistake - although why the last digit of the job sheet mileage had been over written and was 2 miles higher than was showing on the odometer when I picked the car up is clearly a complete mystery!!.

Let's hope that poor customer service is not becoming a trend for the Lexus Garages because I had hoped to have escaped this sort of thing!!

As far as the unexplained increase in my mileage goes there was no apparent harm done to the car, so I suppose I should be grateful that I am not like the unfortunate M3 owner whose tracking device company called to ask him if his car had been stolen - apparently it was showing up as being motionless in a field when it should have been in the care of the garage being serviced!!

Ok so car was meant to be ready to collect today, just had a call from lexus croyden saying the Sat nav Has still not arrived and won't be ready into Nov 11th.

They told me to keep the hire car until my car is fixed.

What a joke this is turning out to be

Wow what a farce!!

If they don't deliver on the 11th I think I would consider finding out the dealer principals name and dropping him a line to explain what's been happening and copying it to Lexus UK.

Fingers crossed its all sorted on the 11th.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Well Surprise surprise its still not done, in fact the unit has not even arrived and now they said they might call other dealers to see if they have a spare one somewhere!

Car has been with Lexus Croyden 4 weeks now and i first took it into them to look at this problem back in July.

4 months to get a sat nav unit sorted and still none the wiser

What a joke.....

I would seriously consider letting Lexus UK know about this debacle and perhaps their customer service department could get things moving.

When I have had issues with Dealerships in the past, I found that involving the manufacturer's UK Headquarters has ensured things were dealt with seriously from the outset.

I'm not sure you have anything to loose and I would be very surprised if they didn't get involved given your experience to date!!

You must be questioning whether this dealer can be trusted to ever complete this or any other work!!

• 3 months later...

Just an update, sat nav was fitted 2 weeks ago so nearly 6 months after i took the car in. They could not find one in the uk so had to ship one over from Japan.

Car is now back at lexus Croyden as the alternator and Battery have packed up. Seems bit suspect to me, as soon as they muck around with the electronic of my car

the alt/batt go at same time..

Anyway alt is covered under warranty and Battery is £95 fitted. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links