Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On A Few Niggles Including Only One Tyre Wearing Rapidly

Happy owner of an '08 IS-F which I've had nearly 3 years with no trouble but recently I've noted a couple of niggles and wanted to get some opinions as it's going in for service this week:

Following some advice on tyres here, I put on a new set of 4 vredestein's in July last year and have done 12k on them and 3 are barely worn but the front left has nearly worn to the wear indicators!! Strangely the wear is almost perfectly even across the entire tyre so it doesn't look like the usual issue reporting on here! Has anyone else experienced this before or have a tyre from a bad batch? When I spoke to Lexus they where at a loss and had not come across this and just said they'd check the alignment again even tho it was done recently. I've also noticed despite 2 alignments at a high street chain (I know I know) that I have a slightly vibration at 95mph so hoping lexus can solve this too.

I recently had the hood replaced after a large bump from a stone off the back of a truck :/ however since it's been fitted, I get more noticeable hood vibrations even on smooth roads/motorway or on more rough surfaces -- it really does jiggle -- anything obvious to check here? The hood seems properly fitted and doesn't move or flex when I check it stationary. It could be related to above vibration issue.

Tire one is Strange! Id ask Lexus to check suspension to ensure its even across the front and the left isn't taking more load than the front right.

Agree the bonnet is probably related to vibration from front wheels. Is see if this still occurs after vibration has gone.

Stu

Just out of interest, do you go round lots of roundabouts quickly? Not noticed a problem yet with my ISF, but the previous owner recommended the tracking be checked regularly. It's a heavy car, so slow right hand corners, taken with 'verve', would wear the front left more than the others?

May be worth booking an appointment at the nearest centre with a Hunter machine for a full geo. Budget about £90 - it'll be worth it.

So just closing this thread:

After four wheel balance attempts, the wheels are good and vibration gone. Not impressed but finally fixed. No suspension or tracking issues according to Lexus.

The bonet was due to the rubber supports at the front of the engine bay; they were too high so allowed some extra flex in the bonet. Plus with the vibration sorted, it's all good again.

I should point out I'm based in Ireland so access to good services at times is a chellenge. No hunter machines anywhere near me!

When I'm next over in the UK, I'll get it all checked out again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links