Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Major Dpf Problem

Ryanis220d

07 Is220d - Story is the car was going into limp mode throwing up dpf beyond threshold. Had a terraclean done on the whole engine and dpf. The boys said they hadnt seen a dpf so bad but it was cleared out now. Problem is its still in limp mode and is now idling at 2k rpm. Undriveable now, in fairness the fellas havent charged me but they are suspecting an egr problem??? Any ideas? Urgently stuck here.

Try taking egr off @ cleaning it or could b a sensor on dpf have u had diagnosis done with codes my dpf was blocked had it cleaned @ it was fine I used a Co in Birmingham hope u solve it

Update: when car is warm it seems to have good power, no engine management light but some smoke. When cold it has very high idle, very low power until 3000 rpm intermittent going into linp mode.

Have fitted a second hand but good egr to the car and so far no limp mode but seems to be taking the odd notion idle high (1500rpm) from cold and stall when warm and some smoke now and again

Just adding to this as the problem evolves .... basically had a dpf clean, fitted a new egr and still i have intermittent smoke (blueish in colour) often under acceleration, sometimes at idle/low revs. Is it possible the dpf is regenerating erratically when it shouldn't be?

• 2 weeks later...

friends, new here. had the same problem vsc+engine management+traction light and the car gors in limp mode. I wasd driving up from Glasgow to Liverpool and 10 miles to destination, lights came on and car went into limp mode. no indication whatsoever except mileage dropped las winters 4 milrs but was still 38 to 40mpg. had it recovered and local garage cleaned EGR.No joy. Gave it a good thrash on motorway for 72 miles and wasnt lucky. Car surgeon are going to confirm tomorrow if they can send some one for dpf refresh. Has anyone experienced thm recently? will keep you all posted on how it goes. As well is 450 quids to Car Surgeon worth it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links