Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone Bluetooth Problem

Hi

Recently purchased a year old IS300h S Line model which i am very happy with. However when the phone is connected over Bluetooth it will not give caller id, even numbers that are stored as favorite son the car come up as caller id unknown. Phone is an Iphone 6, Brought the car back to the Lexus dealer and he agreed there is a problem and that he would report it to Lexus however have not heard anything since.

It seems to be that if a phone number is stored with the international prefix the system cannot recognise the phone number. If i receive texts whilst driving the caller id is recognised, it is just on incoming calls, quite frustrating as i need to keep my phone beside me to see who is ringing me when in the car

Anyone come across this before and did they find a solution

Brian

Hi nairb,

I have the same issue. I noticed it when I moved from Iphone 5 to a 6 plus. I am not sure if it's the phone or an apple software upgrade that caused it.

I have not found a solution yet but haven't really spent time checking either.

If you let it ring a few times before answering does the name appear?

Mark

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Thanks Richard1200,

Mmmmm. I had iCloud for contacts set to on. I wonder if that is the issue. I have just turned it off. I'll test it later.

Settings - iCloud - contacts - off

Mark

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Same to me, but the odd is that I have the same phone and some time ago it worked...

I have to make some experiments, but may be it's related to the position in which the numbers are stored, at the moment I have them stored in SIM and not in phone memory, and it does not work; have to try copying in phone and see if something changes.

If i leave it ringing the number does not identify it is still private number

However if i store a number without the international prefix on the phone it will identify the caller after the second ring, I suppose that can be a workaround to store all numbers without the international prefixes in addition to the number with the international prefix, its not ideal but its a workaround.

Disappointed with Lexus customer aftercare though, no comment on it or no help either when i reported it to them

Thanks for the help

That's probably the issue - the international prefix, as the system cannot link the incoming number with the number stored, it presumably uses all the numbers, not just the last 10 to identify a caller?

That's probably the issue - the international prefix, as the system cannot link the incoming number with the number stored, it presumably uses all the numbers, not just the last 10 to identify a caller?

Yep - its the same with Android, unless the number matches identically, the car won't display caller ID. You would need to have both numbers listed against a caller, with and without the intl prefix. Also if you have more than 4 numbers against a caller in your phone, the car will split the numbers into 2 entries as it can only handle 4 numbers per name.

I've also noticed the call history date/times on the car are all an hour ahead, unless you make a call in the car, then it shows them as the correct time. Confusing and another bug.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links