Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Small Bins / Ashtray

Cheapest I can find in UK. http://www.shop4toyota.co.uk/product/Ashtray_74102-02140

US prices from ~$18. May be over there on business later in the year so might find a Toyota dealer and get a couple or will just resort to the eBay ones I found as cant bring myself to pay even £18 as above

• 3 months later...

The cigarette symbol spoils them especially for a non-smoker. Easily rectified though.

Ed :flowers:

Lexus%20Cups%202_zpsod3apwyx.jpg

What glue/resin did you use to stick the emblem?

I've ordered the two ashtrays from Toyota and also been able to source the keyrings.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I had two of these but you may find the front one will be uncomfortable for the passengers elbow. Now only one in my car as you know who removed it.

They need to be about 5mm lower.

I'm thinking of doing a DIY adjustment - cut off the 5mm at the bottom (subject the the top rim fitting perfectly), it should be OK.

Will post update when I receive all the items and have had the time to do the adjustment.

I had two of these but you may find the front one will be uncomfortable for the passengers elbow. Now only one in my car as you know who removed it.

They need to be about 5mm lower.

I'm thinking of doing a DIY adjustment - cut off the 5mm at the bottom (subject the the top rim fitting perfectly), it should be OK.

Will post update when I receive all the items and have had the time to do the adjustment.

It's the top dimension that stops it going lower.

I'm thinking of doing a DIY adjustment - cut off the 5mm at the bottom

(subject the the top rim fitting perfectly), it should be OK.

The top rim is wider than the holder so cutting off 5mm at the bottom will not have any effect on how high it sits unfortunately.

I used a small blob of JB Weld quick set epoxy.

Good luck with it.

Ed.

How did you get the emblem off the metal backing?

I have got the parts now and cannot see any easy way of removing it without damaging the thing!

I used a small blob of JB Weld quick set epoxy.

Good luck with it.

Ed.

How did you get the emblem off the metal backing?

I have got the parts now and cannot see any easy way of removing it without damaging the thing!

Warm with a hair dryer and with a craft knife gently slide it between the emblem and the metal backing. Take it slowly and allow the heat to soften the adhesive. Gently does it.

Good Luck

Ed :flowers:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links