Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stanley Knife!

This is all very discouraging , my daughter went to a small party on Boxing Day at a local sailing club in Southampton and all the guest's tyres incl the DJ were slashed. My daughter had 2 tyres slashed on her Micra. The poor DJ and those with bigger cars had all 4 tyres done.

There is the problem that if you saw the so and so's and hit them you would be the one finishing up in court for assault.

leaving the screw thread in the hole. it's fluch in there, and i have no idea how i'm gonna get it out.

Anyone have any ideas about getting the screw thread out?

Stu

yes mate - all depends on how tight you screwed it in really but should work, get yourself one of those miniture screwdrivers a flat bladed one not a philips and a hammer, you will need some steps , now have a good look at the stud thats left in the aerial base, have a look for a lip or an edge on the remains of the thread now using the screwdriver and the hammer tap the stud in a circular motion so that it unscrews itself.

other option - go to a motor store, Halfords, motorworld etc and but some screw extractors - they look like tapered screws but with a very fine thread - you want the one with a very fine thread. take the smallest one, and use the correct size drill bit, nor drill into the VERY centre of the remaining stud, insert the stud extractor, bearing in mind it has a left hand thread and now assuming you have used the correct drill size and drilled deep enough( not too deep though!) you can use the stud extractor to remove the broken stud - i am assuming the stud is brass so its soft which is a bonus.

stud extractors are cheap - a couple of ££'s btw.

leaving the screw thread in the hole. it's fluch in there, and i have no idea how i'm gonna get it out.

Anyone have any ideas about getting the screw thread out?

Stu

yes mate - all depends on how tight you screwed it in really but should work, get yourself one of those miniture screwdrivers a flat bladed one not a philips and a hammer, you will need some steps , now have a good look at the stud thats left in the aerial base, have a look for a lip or an edge on the remains of the thread now using the screwdriver and the hammer tap the stud in a circular motion so that it unscrews itself.

other option - go to a motor store, Halfords, motorworld etc and but some screw extractors - they look like tapered screws but with a very fine thread - you want the one with a very fine thread. take the smallest one, and use the correct size drill bit, nor drill into the VERY centre of the remaining stud, insert the stud extractor, bearing in mind it has a left hand thread and now assuming you have used the correct drill size and drilled deep enough( not too deep though!) you can use the stud extractor to remove the broken stud - i am assuming the stud is brass so its soft which is a bonus.

stud extractors are cheap - a couple of ££'s btw.

Got it sorted in the end buddy, managed to create a 'flathead screw' type gouge in the top of the remainder of the thread, and undid it wh a knife!

The Mechanical Menace Striks Back! :P

Stu

Got it sorted in the end buddy, managed to create a 'flathead screw' type gouge in the top of the remainder of the thread, and undid it wh a knife!

The Mechanical Menace Striks Back! :P

Stu

ok Stu, good to hear that you got it sorted hope it doesnt happen again.

The Mechanical Menace Striks Back!  :P

Stu

ok Stu, good to hear that you got it sorted hope it doesnt happen again.

It won't! I will always remember to remove the ariel in future!

Poxy little scrotes! :P

Stu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links