Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First (potential) Problem

Driving to work this morning (long commute of approx 1 mile!) I noticed the tyre inflation warning light was on. (car is I month old IS300h) I stopped and did a visual check - couldn't really do more as was suited and booted for client meetings - and switched the power off, waited the computer-fix 10 seconds before starting it again, to see if it would cancel. It didn't, hence this post.

I can check the pressures at lunch time, but if OK, and the light is still on, the manual says something about 'initialisation'. Unfortunately, it gives no guidance as to where to find how to initialise, or what this process entails. Anyone help, please?

The manual also says refer to a dealer, but I'm off on holiday on Friday, in the car, and can't get to a dealer (nearest one 25 miles away) before I go. Location/dearth of dealers was my main concern before choosing a Lexus, was I right to be concerned?

Reassurance needed, chaps and chapesses!

Malcolm

It's probably just because its a little colder this morning so the pressures have dropped outside the tolerance.

Check the tyre pressures are all good manually and then re-calibrate the system following the procedure in the handbook. It's in the handbook under the DIY maintenance section and has been posted on here a few times. There's a sequence of switching on the ignition and pressing the reset button located in the middle and at the bottom of the drivers trim panel that surrrounds the steering rack.

The same thing happened to me when the car was only a few weeks old. One of the sensors was found

to be defective, but, because my dealer did not have a replacement in stock, I was obliged to drive off on

a long trip with the warning light on but confident in the knowledge that the tyre pressures were OK. This

was extremely irritating, and remains so in the memory, but I am pleased to say that two years later this

has been the only thing that has ever gone wrong with the car.

Of course, the problem is just as likely to be cold tyres, in which case the warning light will switch off

once they have reached their proper temperature after a few miles or maybe less. If the issue persists,

it can be resolved by raising the pressures a tiny bit.

Mmmmm, tyre pressures all over the place, 32psi DSF, 37psi DSR, passenger side ones in between. None at the recommended 36psi. Have to admit, I'd not checked them before, but what price PDI, unless I have a slow puncture in the DSF.

Anyway, the warning light is now off.

Oh, I just hate TLAs!!!

Malcolm

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links